Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 02-06-2015, 07:30 AM

Oscar is named after great grandfathers, one from his mom's side and the other from his dad's side. And, unknowingly, the name is making a huge resurgence. Who knew?

mimim- I used on layer of fusible fleece

And jic someone else 'needs' to make one of the these, here's the link to the tut I used. Tip- the 'page' you want to be your cover page will be on the far right of the bottom row before assembly. I kinda missed that and had to put out a call to my seam ripper http://www.fishsticksdesigns.com/blo...book-tutorial/

It was a snap to make, a couple of hours from fabric finding to clean-up and you're done!

Best,
deb in Maine
Old 02-06-2015, 12:28 PM

I feel like a schmuck! I am just now posting a picture of the Valentine's Day Mug Rug swap that igivetlcinob sent to me. It came last week. I love the mug rug, she did a great job and it was her first attempt at making one. Didn't she do a great job??? She is sure better at binding/mitered corners than I am!

She was sweet and sent me peanut M&M's which once upon a time were my all time favorite.....but I cannot have them anymore. I will be sending them on to one of my swap partners, along with the lovely tea she sent. The M&M's are color coded for a quilter. Red is for when you measure and cut wrong!

I love the hot pads she hand made for me and the heart buttons are the shape I prefer of all heart shapes. I've never used the thread braid but she says it is one of her favorite notions....so I'll will see how it works! The little round egg shaped ball is lip balm (also her favorite) that I will have to pass along as well. Not her fault we were matched late and the exchange of info was sketchy.

Her gifts, however, are not. See for yourself:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509055[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails jan-swap-tammy-041.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 01:30 PM

Very cute!
Old 02-06-2015, 02:04 PM

Pretty mug rug Deb that you received from igivetlcinob. Had to chuckle with the quilters M&M's, if I ate one for every reason, I would look like one of our Wisconsin cows in no time!

Jan
Old 02-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

beautiful, thought ful pkg. love that thread braid. and those M&M's wouldn't last to long in my house.
the tea looks yummy. love those different flavors of teas. quite the variety they have out now.
Love that mugrug, looks like she did a great fist job on it. thanks for sharing the mugrug and goodies with us.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:48 PM

That's a wonderful package, Patchesnposies! The mug rug is adorable ... nice goodies, too!
Old 02-07-2015, 11:14 AM

I have received my absolutely gorgeous mug rug from CarolinePaj! And all the other goodies too! It came a very long way, across the pond and across the U.S. It was worth the wait!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509176[/ATTACH]

And the goodies! A pair of socks, a fat quarter, a bag of heart buttons (beautiful wood)! Some chocolate candies and a hot chocolate mix, a cute little stuffed owl, a stuffed heart and a heart sachet, tea, along with a post card from her home town!!
Thanks again, Caroline! You are a wonderful swap partner!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]509177[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails valentine-mug-rug-swap.jpg   valentine-mug-rug-swap1.jpg  
Old 02-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

very nice mugrug and a cut pincushion. love those chocolates from across the pond. very nice indeed. love the simplicity of the design and how pretty it is.great package.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:24 PM

MizMelly you hit the jackpot for sure! Such a gorgeous mugrug! Beautiful package of goodies CarolinePaj!!!
Old 02-07-2015, 01:35 PM

Lovely swap, MizMelly! Caroline, you sent a delightful package. Wonderful Mug Rug and all of the goodies!