Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 12-31-2014, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
MizMelly, Thanks for posting this. I suppose since VD is such a sweet holiday and a lot of times centers around candy, we should specify IF we can indulge in our information. I, like some others, cannot. So, it would be a waste of someone's hard earned money to buy/send me candy or other treats. This is not a secret swap so we will be able to let our partner know.
Good idea! I do indulge occasionally, but I have to be careful since I am diabetic. I've been allergic to chocolate since I was a kid, and it's not a fun allergy. There are lots of other cute things that can go into a swap tho that do not include candy!! Fat quarters, socks, notepads, pens, needles, pins, etc, etc. I'm not saying that one HAS to put in any of those items, just suggestions of alternatives to candy!
On another note, I'm thinking hearts and roses for my MR's!!! I've already started!
Old 12-31-2014, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

for my partner: I love it all. all candy and goodies, i'm happy with. very easy to please.

Brat, i remember wheni was about 3 and discovered butter and sugar. sitting in the pantry very quietly sticking the stick of butter in the sugar. then i thought nothing could be better, till i discovered the BROWN sugar. i still love eating it off the spoon. but back then, i would eat it with brownsugar and butter on a stick. MMmmmm. then.... I got caught. wow was i in trouble for that one. but worth it. No one wanted to hear about my new discovery, I must have been covered in sugar and all over the floor, coz i remember getting in trouble for the ants. Ahhh, Sweet memories. I'm good for anything dear sweet partner.
Old 12-31-2014, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
MizMelly, Thanks for posting this. I suppose since VD is such a sweet holiday and a lot of times centers around candy, we should specify IF we can indulge in our information. I, like some others, cannot. So, it would be a waste of someone's hard earned money to buy/send me candy or other treats. This is not a secret swap so we will be able to let our partner know.
You ladies are so very right!
I love sweets, not big on chocolates, but love sour candies (that speaks to my personality I guess..).
But I did eat the Andes chocolate mints Jaba sent and the Lil chocolate Snickers I got on the last fq swap. So I can't imagine if I was "big on chocolates".. guess then I'd be "big FROM chocolates"..

For me, my tummy can't "stomach" sugar free candy. I know my teeth and triglycerides wish I could eat sugar free candy, however..lol..
But my dentist loves me, I'm a terrific patient to have, job security for her...haha

Wishing you all a safe and happy New Year's Eve!

Kif
Old 12-31-2014, 06:47 PM

ok question of the day: can anyone ship internationally? forgot to ask that!
ok second question of the day: forgot it darned it! lol remind me why don't you!!! will remember soon as I shut this computer off!

I got in minimal trouble linny for my sugar bowl experience but did have to hear about it for years and years to come. oh wheres peachy? (my lil kid nick name) is she under the counter again eating sugar? ok I got caught in that same spot eating a jar of apricot jam. yup. first sugar, then jam.. guess I deserved it. but boy was I so embarrassed. I never wanted to stick out. it was always to be picked on surely, hiding eating sweets, where is that mouse.. yup it was not good to be the one standing out. Mom was a bit harsh on us as in me. I was the target of the group. lucky lucky me! well not a mouse any longer as you can see and you wont find me under the counter eating anything. mostly cause I cant get up from a down spot so much safer on the couch and let them watch me eat whatever I want.

Speaking of eating what I want well.. I had broccolini tonight. its was sweet, tender and worthy. cut the steam to half not 1/3 up but otherall it was delicious blanched then sautéed in garlic butter and tossed with parmesan. omg. don't tell the docs in dialysis. its a no no. BUT until I reach that point where I am over the line with potassium I am safe. I rarely get there. mostly safe with my salts, phosphorus (milks etc) and potassium based foods. if I went by their list I would not eat. no foods but meat would be avail. ok 1/3 rice! or .. heres a big one 1tsp of parmesan. or 1/3 cup pasta! wowsa. no dark green veggies. No whole fruits at all. half of say an apple. weirdest one is I can have canned mushrooms but NO fresh ones. UGH! cant wait for my new kidney. yes I am ready. in one month I can eat everything again. I could do that! less protein? I am all for that! unlimited protein does not inspire me much lol. blick. all the meat I could ever eat. groan. ok ok back to sewing.

messed my days up but one more day for sign ups! I have started paring partners up slowly so I can get that list up on time. I need sign ups to come in asap if your going to sign up. so send a PM and let me know. below is the list of people so far that I have on the mug rug sign up list. if I am wrong and you didn't sign up let me know. if your missing from the list well quick send a PM and let me know..! I wish everyone a Happy New Years Day. Its a easy quiet night ahead for us because lucky me I have clinic in the morning Again. there is no rest for the wicked.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:53 PM

ok is what I have for sign ups so far: if your missed or wish to sign up PM me . if your on this list by mistake let me know I will take you off! see how easy that is?

Jaba
Toomanyufos
Kiffie2413
oneteapot
nanakathy55
Carolinepaj
dee1245
rwquilts
sewred
mimim
dabbler312
whigrose
cuppy
crqltr
krisb
terriamn
trishb
berryberry
ctyyankee
oksewnsew
cheesehead
janrutherford (2 times)
vitality
difergie
ljdugas31
nelco
mizmelly
Sandra-P
Juanitabean
suern
Jeanne49
oneteapot
patchesnposies
klaws
msgrace
dfelker
lynnie

check it twice are you on there? are you missing? you shouldn't be here? let me know!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:54 PM

oh if you see yourself down twice and signed up for one let me know too. I make mistakes. trying to find ways to fix that. but its me. take me or leave me I do try if that counts for anything.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:16 PM

I remember getting in trouble as a teen for eating dad's ding dongs that were for his lunch and I was on a diet! The worst trouble I ever got into was when my brother and I invited the neighbor kids over and we found a 1 pound tin of fudge and we all ate it all! My mom was going to sent it to my uncle out in Texas for Christmas. Boy was she mad! I can have goodies but am trying to limit it to only a little since I'm still trying to lose weight on Weight Watchers I can have it but I will want it to last a long time and just eat a little which is extremely hard for me because I want some kind of little tiny sweet every day! Thanks again Elisabrat for all you do! Hope everything goes well tomorrow I will be thinking of you! Happy New year to all my wonderful quilting friends that I have met this year and have been on here with for a long time! Big Hugs to all!
Old 01-01-2015, 06:09 AM

getting ready to run to clinic adding Rosemary Attaway (board name) to the list and oneteapot will remove you twice on the list. no idea how I missed that but glad you pointed it out. now to go back and recheck to make sure the partner I have you to I didn't also give you to another partner. that would be bad! such as it is that is not a bad mess up on the list. I sure hope you post to me soon if you have a trouble with your name missing on this list!!!

pm if you would love to join us we would love to have you! gotta run to clinic but will check when I get back!
Old 01-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

Brat, hope all went well at the clinic for you today, and that it was as painless as possible.

FYI I CAN NOT ship internationally.
thanks for all you do as our fearless leader, you keep us going!!
Old 01-01-2015, 04:08 PM

If you'd like, I can pair up with an international swapper. Sounds like fun!

Happy New Year!