Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 12-30-2014, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Insulbrite is not necessary. They are for a small snack and a cup of coffee or tea, not a hot casserole out of the oven....
I am sold! This time, though, my partner will be getting insul-brite innards in their mug rug. lol

Should have asked the question first!
Old 12-30-2014, 08:30 PM

Hi gang...this is me...the observer..just adding my two cents worth about the stuffing inside a mug rug. I use my leftover pieces of Warm and Natural...or in a pinch, I have just used 2-3 layers of flannel. That along with the back and front make a nice mug rug. You can tell when you sandwich it, how much is too much. Remember it is just to sit a cup of something on and it might not always be a 'hot' something. I think of Mug Rugs as glorified coasters...only larger and room for a neat snack. So they don't need to be really thick. Sounds like everyone has it under control now though. If I didn't say it before...I will say it now...Happy 2015 to everyone!
Old 12-30-2014, 09:22 PM

I,m looking forward doing this MR. Valentines is one of my favorite days. I will like whatever you make for me. I do like hearts, colors red, pink and purples. Just HAVE FUN doing what you like to do and do your best. That is what I tell myself. Try something new outside of your box. You just might surprise yourself.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:58 PM

Count me in for Mug Rug Swap. I like Valentines.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:49 AM

I appreciate all of the input from everyone. Quilting is a creative art with lots of room for individual choices and so, by extension, is mug rug making. Probably pretty hard to go wrong no matter how you sandwich them together!

Happy New Years Eve Everyone STAY SAFE as you celebrate the coming of 2015!
Old 12-31-2014, 09:15 AM

ok I know you were dying for my opinion lol but here it is. Regular batting is just fine for a mug rug. As Jan stated its not to hold something hot from the oven. Just a mug of hot tea or coffee. Or an iced cup which will not cause damaged to your tables if its one which can be affected by ice drippings. insulated batting is over kill but will not hurt anything either. If you chose one or the other you will be ok. Its just easier in my thoughts to sew with batting than insulated batting. ugh that is tougher for me to get right.

I think this is our last day ladies! partners get ready to hear from your partner on what they love and heck send all the treats to ME. this way no on has hard feelings, lots little I don't care. send away! wait.. I don't eat sweets. darn it. except for that marvelous black jelly bean. I love those things. great for the teeth, tongue and lips. I think that zombie look is great on me. (like I care?). I am infatuated with those old fashioned candy boxes however. oh my DABBLER you TAKE THE FLOWERS OFF THEM? omg I would love to have a half dozen to decorate with! when I was very very young (way back when) my mother would get them, ruffled, with roses on top.. the prettiest box I had ever seen. and stuffed with candy? OMG I used to eat candy like it was going out of style. heck I would hide under the kitchen counter with the sugar bowl and eat it by the spoonful. never made me hyper but it did not do wonders for my teeth sigh. cavity central as a kid. really? what a surpise! now I am sugared out I suppose. its a good thing.

if you want to sign up for this wonderful swap please send me a PM tomorrow so I know who is in and can give out names! I need address, board name, real name and phone number. any little favorites you have just write it down and it will go to your partner to help them make your mug rug and maybe pull a little treat for you. all big treats like vintage candy boxes and oh licorice can be redirected to me after all.. want to keep people all even so this could work for me rather well (brat shut up.. NOOOOO! oh fine ok.. sigh). this is going to be a fun quick swap and a great way to make a new quilter friend. Chat away! talk it up! share sneak peaks at what you have in fabrics... make us drool!
Old 12-31-2014, 09:41 AM

Linda, did I read that we are up to 46 swappers? That's terrific! I love the idea of opening as soon as we get them, so we can use them through Valentine's Day. Got my MR finished, can't wait to see who I get so I can personalize my package for them! These are so much fun.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:48 AM

Ah, candy. I can't have any. Sniff. Especially chocolate. I'm one of the only people on the planet that is allergic to chocolate!! Now licorice on the other hand.... yum.
And I certainly remember the shoebox with the slit in the top to stuff those cute little valentines in from my classmates!! Sometimes they were actually signed by the student, but many times by their mother!
Old 12-31-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by MizMelly View Post
Ah, candy. I can't have any. Sniff. Especially chocolate. I'm one of the only people on the planet that is allergic to chocolate!! Now licorice on the other hand.... yum.
And I certainly remember the shoebox with the slit in the top to stuff those cute little valentines in from my classmates!! Sometimes they were actually signed by the student, but many times by their mother!
MizMelly, Thanks for posting this. I suppose since VD is such a sweet holiday and a lot of times centers around candy, we should specify IF we can indulge in our information. I, like some others, cannot. So, it would be a waste of someone's hard earned money to buy/send me candy or other treats. This is not a secret swap so we will be able to let our partner know.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:15 AM

HAPPY NEW YEARS to all my QB mug rug swapping friends!!! and Happy sewing.... :-) =^.^=