Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd! >

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Valentines Day Mug Rug Swap! Sign Up Closes Jan 2nd!

Old 01-25-2015, 04:53 AM

It's a 6-pointed star but, depending on how it's put together with more of the same, has different looks. It's a lovely pattern!
Old 01-25-2015, 04:54 AM

Patchesnposies, it's a 6-pointed star but, depending on how it's put together with more of the same, has different looks. It's a lovely pattern!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:20 AM

Default Wow! The skill

Sorry I've been missing in action for the last week. I'm out of shape and work had become an endurance contest for me. Still not ready to run a marathon, but I've proven I can keep up.
I wanted to wait and open the mug rug package sent to me when I had finished my part. I'm finished and ready to mail on Tuesday. Hope my swap partner likes it.
I opened my package sent to me today. Oh my stars! All I can say is Vitality has skill and I can only image what she does on her long arm. Lots of goodies included in the package and bless her-my favorite chocolate too! I'm posting pictures. I'm not sure my camera does her work justice. Look carefully at the heart stitches all around the boarder. How did she do that?
Thank you for the package and making a special masterpiece for me.
Attached Thumbnails img_0564.jpg  
Old 01-25-2015, 10:27 AM

I have 5 other pictures to post, I'm having a problem uploading the pictures. Now to figure out why the upload isn't working. When I have it figured out, I'll post the 4 showing the total package.
Thanks Vitality for the beautiful mug rug and all the goodies!
Attached Thumbnails img_0564.jpg  
Old 01-25-2015, 11:24 AM

Oh, I can't take credit for the hearts… thats just a decorative stitch on my Viking sewing machine So… looks cool but very easy to do! So glad you liked your mug rug and stuff
Old 01-25-2015, 11:40 AM

I just posted sign-ups for the February Pincushion and Needlecase swap. Please come and join us. All are welcome!
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...a-t260272.html
Old 01-25-2015, 12:10 PM

WONDERFUL PACKAGE!! The workmanship is AWESOME!!

Linda~I hated reading your post but I am so thankful for your determination AND friendship!! I am always in your corner.

PS- You can count me in for the Green MugRug Swap!!

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
I received my wonderful swap package from Whigrose this afternoon. She does fantastic work and makes my attempts look like I did them with my feet. LOL She sent me so many thoughtful things!

Here is my lovely mug rug, done up in colors I adore. Her workmanship is exquisite:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507213[/ATTACH]

You can see she added a cheeky little hen pin cushion in VD colors! I Love her! But, did you notice the gorgeous book mark she made me??? You could have knocked me down. I love everything about it. It's Awesome.

I forgot to add a picture of the back! This is so cute! She sealed my mug rug with a "kiss" and added a note that says (In case it doesn't show up):

To Patchesnposies
From Whigrose
2015 Valentine
Mug Rug Swap QB

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507218[/ATTACH]

She also put in a knitted wash cloth in the prettiest variegated pink and white, a sweet decorative pin, a notepad, scroll work buttons, FQ's in a variety of red and white prints (love the birds!) and a little hanging chalk board on which to put those very important "I love you's" for my family!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507217[/ATTACH]

Thanks so much to Whigrose for making this a very special swap!

Deb
Old 01-25-2015, 12:31 PM

WOW~I am just sitting here eating my Valentine's candy I received from Terriamn in our mr swap and cruising thru the pages and pages of thread I had missed out on. SEW many wonderful mug rug pictures, lovely pictures of snow, good news and bad and the outpouring of love from everyone for those that need it and even those that don't. How wonderful it is to be a part of this wonderful group. So much support personally and at the machine. Each of you is a blessing to me. I have longed for a group to be a part of- a fellowship if you will. Maybe we have never met or don't even live near one another but I feel like I'm included in your lives. Linda started that for me. She called me up to check on me for a different swap and we have been messaging ever since. The cards that I have received from my swap partners are always a ray of sunshine. I even received private messages, Christmas cards and hand written Thank yous outside of the swaps from different members. You have really made this "newbie" feel welcome and I learn so much from you. I am so appreciative of each and every one of you.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:00 PM

Wow!
I'm away for a day, and come back to more awesome mug rugs/goody pkgs!
Rosemary, love both you made! And my fave time of year is Autumn, so sign me up for those fabrics!

Dfelker,
I love the Victorian look of the mug rug you made! And all the extra goodies you sent.

Cuppy, what a great shape on the mug rug you made!

Vita,
Beautiful job, as always! I hope berryberry can get a full pic to post soon.
It took me a while to figure out how to upload pics using my Kindle. But finally my "IT" son took pity on me and installed an app that I just click the resize (640 in QB case) button, and Tada! pic is shrunk enough to post here...

Regards all,
Kif
Old 01-25-2015, 08:38 PM

Tomorrow a flying pig will be on his way to a new home. I've got to mail it tomorrow because I don't think I will be going to the post office tuesday with this big storm we have coming.