• Winter Block Swap Sign up Closed - Mail date has passed >
  • Winter Block Swap Sign up Closed - Mail date has passed

• Winter Block Swap Sign up Closed - Mail date has passed

Old 08-16-2010, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rose D
    Originally Posted by simplecomforts
    wow I did I did it I'm so proud of myself
    Originally Posted by simplecomforts
    Here is the blocks that I have made for the swap. The block is a nine-patch Variation. I found some cute wintery aminal fabric at a small fabric shop nearby. And knew that would be my middle block. I used dark blue and dark green fabric for the nine patch.
    Not only did you do good by posting the pictures - the blocks are gorgeous!
    My sentiments exactly.
    Old 08-17-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by JAGSD
    Thank you for the nice comments on my block. I have looked and looked thru my scrap box and with what little pieces of the "white snowflake" that I have left, there is no identification whatsoever left. I only have about a 4" piece left and cannot remember which place I got it at. Sorry! I took it with me today to Quilt Guild and was given a couple of ideas to check. One was Sturgis at the LQS there, which I will check. BUT beings the "70th" "Sturgis Motorcycle Rally" is in full swing and we are bombarded with Motorcycles it will be sometime towards the end of next week before I will attempt a fabric search up there. The other place is "Quilt Corral Too" (Mistletoe Ranch) another LQS which is about the same distance the other direction, there again it will be about the same time , when will be able to go check it. The Motorcycles are EVERYWHERE. I would love to find some more of it too. Will send a post out here when I get the two place checked.
    Judy
    Sorry,
    To those who were interested in the white snowflake material in my Winter blocks.
    Not so good news. I did find out the name of the White Snowflake Fabric I used, it is by RJR and is their Bare Essentials #7339-01. BUT it has been discontinued! I checked Ebay, and all the shops by phone in SD and know one has it.
    Maybe with the name and number someone will be able to find it.
    Old 08-18-2010, 01:27 AM

Just to give you guys a warning, my internet access is going to be a bit spastic again for a few days. If I don't respond to PMs right away don't worry I will get to them I promise.
    Old 08-18-2010, 07:02 AM

You might try looking on etsy for the fabric also. I've found quite a few discontinued fabrics there.

All the blocks are looking great! I'm working on mine today.

Suzanne
    Old 08-18-2010, 06:07 PM

Everyone is doing some very nice blocks for the swap....I can't hardly wait to make a quilt with the different blocks! I am done with all of mine, I did a set of 12 1/2 and a set if 6 1/2....each set has 12 blocks.... I will be mailing them tomorrow! I am so excited!
    Old 08-18-2010, 07:56 PM

My second pattern has fizzled and now my third choice is kicking my behind. I'll plug along, but not sure when I'll get them finished. and I won't if they don't look acceptable to me.

Blessings,
    Ruth
    Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 AM

Whew! My blocks are done and ready to mail.
    I am new at this, I understand that we add additional for return postage what is the best way to do this? I'm sorry if this is a repeat. Do we add a big envelope for them with the postage on it or ?
    Here are my blocks:

I have been inspired! Since starting these I have seen some more darling winter snowmen fabric(they are my favorite) so now are called to make more blocks,maybe a table runner or who know what is in store to be made. What fun this has been!

12- 12 1/2 Unfinished Winter Blocks
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]99387[/ATTACH]

Yes one is different, am out of snowflake material
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]99389[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-99379.jpe   attachment-99382.jpe   attachment-99384.jpe  
    Old 08-19-2010, 06:32 AM

Nice blocks. I got my fabric the other day to do these blocks but I'm taking my poor machine into the shop today for a little R&R (repair and relaxation). She has been working so hard lately with all these swaps and stuff. I've been having tension problems for a while and decided it's time to get her fixed. As soon as she's back next week, these blocks are at the top of my list to get done.
    Old 08-19-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    Nice blocks. I got my fabric the other day to do these blocks but I'm taking my poor machine into the shop today for a little R&R (repair and relaxation). She has been working so hard lately with all these swaps and stuff. I've been having tension problems for a while and decided it's time to get her fixed. As soon as she's back next week, these blocks are at the top of my list to get done.
    My main machine needs some R&R too, it decided yesterday when I had one block left that enough was enough, so it will also be headed for R&R soon. In the meantime I do have another available to use(Thankgoodness!)beings my repair person is a couple of hours away.(but I love using my older baby) The last block I had left was the extra one for me so it worked out good in the long run.(The foot fell apart :( and it also needs it yearly check up and think the belt is slipping.
    Old 08-20-2010, 12:44 PM

I finished my 12 winter blocks. yippie