Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!!  Sign ups til Oct. 29 >

Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29

Winter, Winter/Holidays, Holidays Block Swap!! Sign ups til Oct. 29

Old 10-25-2012, 09:41 AM

Ronda - guess what I didn't send a return label either. I missed that memo somehow. Dang I am sorry I can pop it into the mail if you want me to. Please let me know and I send it out tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:38 AM

Peggy, sorry that has happened to you. The nerve of some people. What do they think they have to gain? I guess some people find pleasure in making someone elses lives miserable!

Originally Posted by Boop56 View Post
I will be sending 2 sets of blocks. Cannot get anymore done. I have renter's who are moving out on the 31st of October and I just found some major damage to the property. I had a small deck to pool and they have totally smasked and broken it with sledge hammer and the sledged hammered the purgo that was there. So I had to call the police. My daughter had bought the house 3 years ago. It is right across the street from me. She only lived in it 6 weeks when she was killed in a car accident. It is her 'fiance' who is there with his new girlfreind. They told me 6 months ago they were moving out at the end of October. So when I gave them the final electric bill they went crazy. But it's not like they have no where to go. They have another house they are moving into Nov. 1. See, I am freaking crazy at this point. I wanted to do more sets but you see why I can't. UGHHHHHH
Old 10-25-2012, 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=rwquilts;5611599][COLOR=#800080][SIZE=4][FONT=comic sans ms]No, don't do that. I'll pm you if I need your return address.
Ok, thanks, my address is on the envelope as well as the plastic bag. thanks, Vinae
Old 10-25-2012, 11:32 AM

Hah!! I see I am not the only one! I thought I was really smokin when I went to the PO yesterday, and got home and remembered I forgot my addy lable. UGHH...
Old 10-25-2012, 12:16 PM

Boop, that is terrible, be glad they will be gone! I could not imagine how hard that must be to live across the street from the man that was going to marry your daughter and his new girlfriend! and then they take advantage of you!

My heart hurts for the loss of your daughter.

I had a rental for a while and It was really hard for me to understand how people can live in a home that does not belong to them and think they can do what ever they want to it! The people who lived in my house managed to stay there for a year and half, never paying the full month rent (never except a partial payment for rent because if you do the eviction date moves each time, well it did in California in the 1990's)

When they finally moved out they stripped the house so bad, even taking built in appliances, light fixtures, fire place insert! They even took doors from the bed rooms and faucets from the bathroom! I will never own a rental again.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:08 PM

i finished my second batch of blocks....only 4 are pictured bc i accidently dropped one when i went to take pictures and didnt go back and get it oh well you get the idea....i love how they turned out just need to press them which i do with all the blocks right before i mail them.
Blessings Tisha
Attached Thumbnails 20121025_165929.jpg  
Old 10-25-2012, 01:12 PM

Aaaaa, Tealfalcon those are soooo cool! I WANT ONE...... OR 50!!!! Great job!
Old 10-25-2012, 01:17 PM

Tealfalcon I want one also! that is the cutest idea! is it your pattern? I love Christmas blocks that are showing up in here, so much creative energy!

I am making a few 'filler' blocks for anticipating holes. I am just taking a piece of Christmas fabric and putting ribbon on to make it look like a little package. I figured they will be a fun addition to my quilt.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
Tealfalcon I want one also! that is the cutest idea! is it your pattern? I love Christmas blocks that are showing up in here, so much creative energy!

I am making a few 'filler' blocks for anticipating holes. I am just taking a piece of Christmas fabric and putting ribbon on to make it look like a little package. I figured they will be a fun addition to my quilt.
i saw a picture of one like it i think last year but i just drafted the pattern myself
Old 10-25-2012, 01:40 PM

Tealfalcon, super cute Santa block! What a clever idea and your colors are so vibrant! Love it!