Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Colors Colors so many Colors >

Colors Colors so many Colors

Colors Colors so many Colors

Old 06-23-2018, 06:38 PM

Yay on your success and progress. I would be happy to come and help you paint and even cut in. LOL. It's my therapy. I once chased down a wall color that our attorney used in his office.

Please show us pics when you finish. We want to see the pretty color.
Old 06-24-2018, 04:13 AM

Thanks for the offer to come help Rhonda K, what time does your plane land? LOL.

I am getting excited about finishing up this project. We started the office area in mid March so three months of having the house in disarray is starting to wear on my nerves. But there is light at the end of the tunnel or else that's God's light telling me this project is going to be the death of me yet, LOL.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:50 AM

I wanted to throw another neutral "not white" color out there for your consideration - Sherwin Williams Kilim Beige. https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6106-kilim-beige#/6106/?s=coordinatingColors&p=PS0

https://www.google.com/search?q=sherwin+williams+kilim+beige&client=firef ox-b-1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjc86f00uzbA hUK3IMKHRv6DnEQ_AUICigB&biw=1047&bih=445

This was recommended to me by a painting contractor friend and it's become my go-to paint - it's a beige that has NO weird undertones. No green, pink, or yellow, so it works wonderfully with just about any other color that you want to use with it. I've used it with red, blue, AND green, and it looks great with all of them. I also have white woodwork in my house and it looks very clean and crisp with it.

Last edited by SherylM; 06-24-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-24-2018, 08:16 AM

I just found this one - Benjamin Moore Manchester Tan - that looks like it would go well with the colors that you want to use.

https://www.postcardsfromtheridge.co...min-moore.html
Old 06-24-2018, 08:46 AM

I have been repainting our cottage. I do not have the paint name, but is a very creamy white. Not stark white at all. And not yellow.

The cottage does not get much light, small windows except on the North side (View side). A winter tenant had painted the bedroom dark pink, and a lighter pink in the kitchen other bedroom closet and 2 walls in the bathroom. The Dark pink make the one bedroom feel like a cave.

The creamy colour reflects light, but is not harsh.

I need to paint my living, dining rooms and hall. I am thinking of using the same paint.

I have very pale yellow in my sewing space that has a north facing window. It makes it much brighter.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:31 PM

SheryIM that is a very nice beige from Sherwin as is the one from Benjamin and if I don't have any luck with the blue/gray/green idea then I will defiantly give the beiges a try. Funny story about the color beige, I wanted a beige color in our bedroom so off to Sherwin William I go. After a few hours of pouring over paint strips I find the perfect color and buy 2 gallons. We cheerfully start painting and as the paint drys it gets pinker and pinker but it did have a brown undertone. The next day when we were finished my DH looks around and says "I'm not sure I can sleep in a chocolate/strawberry milk shake." LOL But he got over it the room has been a milk shake for over 7 years. That room has been on our "To reDo" list for a while now.
Old 06-24-2018, 01:37 PM

Tothill, to have a cottage in BC would be heaven. Even if it was painted psychedelic purple I'd still love it. No offense to psychedelic purple lovers, I would love to see pictures.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by SewingSenior View Post
SheryIM that is a very nice beige from Sherwin as is the one from Benjamin and if I don't have any luck with the blue/gray/green idea then I will defiantly give the beiges a try. Funny story about the color beige, I wanted a beige color in our bedroom so off to Sherwin William I go. After a few hours of pouring over paint strips I find the perfect color and buy 2 gallons. We cheerfully start painting and as the paint drys it gets pinker and pinker but it did have a brown undertone. The next day when we were finished my DH looks around and says "I'm not sure I can sleep in a chocolate/strawberry milk shake." LOL But he got over it the room has been a milk shake for over 7 years. That room has been on our "To reDo" list for a while now.
Yeah, that's the thing about undertones...you never know until you get it on your wall, in your house, with your lighting. In fact, after I posted, I realized that I should have said that there are no weird undertones in MY house, but YMMV!

The walls in my kitchen, dining room, and hallway used to be painted Sherwin Williams Yellowware - a happy yellow that looked great in my north facing kitchen, but incandescent lighting and the light in my south facing dining room made it look like radioactive sinus infection yellow! Horrible green undertones. My painter friend told me about Benjamin Moore Hawthorne yellow - it looks very similar to the other yellow, but has gray undertones and it's perfect! Soft, creamy, happy yellow. I love it.

When I was looking for a beige paint, I bought a bunch of samples and slapped them up on the walls. It was a frustrating process - some turned green, some looked like bandaids, some looked like jaundice - until my painter friend again came to my rescue! We're getting our house ready to sell it and many of the rooms have been painted Kilim beige, but not because "they" say to paint the walls neutral colors when you sell, it's because I like it so much!

Looking forward to seeing how your room turns out!

Last edited by SherylM; 06-24-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 03:11 PM

Have you decided yet?
Old 06-28-2018, 08:08 AM

Darcyshannon, I thought I had it narrowed down but when the new bedding arrived it was no where near the color I thought is was going to be, so I'm back to square one again. Now I'm trying to decide if I should return the bedding and try something else or try and find a color I can live with that will compliment this bedding. I think I'll give up on trying to order from the internet and start hitting the stores, here in Dallas we only a few choices, oh like maybe 500 stores, LOL. And so the search goes on and on and on.