Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 01-03-2016, 06:54 PM

Jan 2 at 8:45 P.M. I turned off the lights in my sewing area, all counters clear, cutting table and sewing table clear, by Jan 3 at 7:30 A.M. said counters, cutting table, and sewing table were covered with all my scraps. Spent all day sorting by color and being very honest with myself. Will I really us that small of that peace again? By 6P.M. all scrap are sorted, put away and another 30 gal. garbage sack has been hauled out. not all fabric, found some extra trash to top it off. LOL Everything is cleared off again, tomorrow maybe I can get back to work on one of my UFO's
Old 01-04-2016, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
Jan 2 at 8:45 P.M. I turned off the lights in my sewing area, all counters clear, cutting table and sewing table clear, by Jan 3 at 7:30 A.M. said counters, cutting table, and sewing table were covered with all my scraps. Spent all day sorting by color and being very honest with myself. Will I really us that small of that peace again? By 6P.M. all scrap are sorted, put away and another 30 gal. garbage sack has been hauled out. not all fabric, found some extra trash to top it off. LOL Everything is cleared off again, tomorrow maybe I can get back to work on one of my UFO's

Fantastic!!!! Wow, that's inspiring! Being honest with ourselves--knowing who we are and how we function and what we value--is key.

If I think something is "eh" now, there's a really big chance it won't "grow on me." I don't want to keep "eh" stuff around when I could free up the space or replace "eh" with beauty. It's getting easier to part with things when I evaluate what to keep or throw based on my personality and values, not based on what I "COULD" do with something, but WILL I? Do I want to badly enough or would I rather have the space?
Old 01-04-2016, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Kris P View Post
I will start today by gathering bins to pack up my former stamping room. 11 years worth of supplies will be packed away to clear out the room and revamp it for sewing. Big mess ahead!
I was the same with scrapbooking. Lost appeal. With fine art supplies, I kept one box and a few blank canvases. The sewing is really my main hobby right now and has been for 4 years.
Imagine how good you'll feel to move forward with what you LOVE NOW.

In our house growing up, we had a saying, "Progress always makes a mess." It's okay. Keep at it. The results will be so worth it.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
When I finish a project, I like to cut the left over pieces into squares and strips. They go into my leaders and enders project. It at least keeps my cutting table a little cleaner. My goal this year is to keep the one end of my cutting table clean. Always seems to be my "catch all" area. I could be using the whole length of my cutting table, instead I only use an end because of the stuff stacked up on the other end. I will do it, I will do it!
Ditto! My cutting table COULD be as spacious as Wyoming, but the clutter reduces the work space to the size of Rhode Island if I'm not diligent. Today it resembles Illinois!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sallyflymi View Post
I am going to take your challenge and work 15 min. cleaning one cabinet under my cutting table. You have given me some motivation to start this project. You may have to remind me daily to do something. (PUSH ME) I get lazy and stop doing things. Thank you.
How did it go? 15 minutes later you saw a difference, right? Keep coming back here for motivation. I think of myself as a fellow traveler, not a pusher. LOL Everyone here needs a little "umph" from time to time (daily? yes, I do!). I will be taking care of my husband after his heart surgery tomorrow so won't be able to check in here, but you all can keep adding progress and encouragement .
Old 01-04-2016, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
Wonderful! Doesn't it feel good.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:53 AM

Sorry I forgot to return and tell you that I completed cleaning the one cabinet. Today I will work 15 min. on the second of 4 cabinets.

Thank you for motivation.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:13 AM

I have returned. All of my rulers are in one place and thread in another and stiffing in another. Thank you
Old 01-04-2016, 11:30 AM

I've got two new rolling carts for my longarm supplies and thread. Fun part it getting everything located and put away. First I have to help DH move the long arm to it's new home. He's got it apart enough we can haul it, and then he can put it all back together for me.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

Good ideas...Thanks..I will try to get organized...