Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 01-05-2016, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by zozee View Post
Fantastic!!!! Wow, that's inspiring! Being honest with ourselves--knowing who we are and how we function and what we value--is key.

If I think something is "eh" now, there's a really big chance it won't "grow on me." I don't want to keep "eh" stuff around when I could free up the space or replace "eh" with beauty. It's getting easier to part with things when I evaluate what to keep or throw based on my personality and values, not based on what I "COULD" do with something, but WILL I? Do I want to badly enough or would I rather have the space?
I know what you mean, for years I have held onto things because it could be used for something and I might need it. What use is it if I can't find it because it's lost in all the chaos. Next step is 15min. a day on my shelving and drawers before I start sewing. Just before Chrisms did the same to my kitchen, finally found what I was looking for to start with. LOL Moved 4 totes of dishes and small appliances out to storage building. By summer I should have enough for a really big yard sale. LOL Saw some pace where you should turn all our close hangers in your closet backward, rehang after wearing as you normally would, in one year if hanger is still backward get rid of it. You haven't worn it in a year. Think will give it a try.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Banned

I have been TRYING to get back into my "fabric corner" to do more
work on my fabric sorting/folding etc..

We had been gone on vacation from 24th-27th (mid-afternoon), home
from the afternoon of the 27th until EARLY (5am) on the 31st when we
went up to the cabin returned home midday on Sunday (the3rd).

So needless to say I have not had a chance to do anything with my fabric
or anything else.

Here is a link to my shelving/storage of some of the fabric.

I WILL post some pictures when I can get more done in that corner of the
room.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM

What a terrific idea. Can't wait to start.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by CanukNana View Post
oh how familiar that sounds . Somehow all things that need to be shifted around for Christmas seem to end up in my sewing room.
Oh I can relate!! I have to get the Christmas decorations down to get the sewing room back to normal (need help to do that so I depend on when DD and DS have time). Hopefully this weekend I can start.
Old 01-06-2016, 05:58 AM

Yesterday I joined the 15 minute group, but took a bit longer! Organized my GO dies......have three shelves worth, so "named those shelves A,B,C,andD. On printed list of dies from website, I checked off those I have and what shelf they live on. I got so tired of treasure hunting when I needed a die! And don't you know I found two duplicates! And why did a buy a 1" strip die? And found a few I forgot I had too. Dare I start on the pegboard exploding with templates, rulers and ??? stuff. Oh, this has got to end.
Ah, there's a package on my front porch from mail carrier..oh,oh,......
Old 01-06-2016, 05:37 PM

Tonight I got the dining room table moved back to the dining room, and the three vintage machines moved out of the room the daybed is going into. Right now the daybed is the support for my cutting table, so it's going to take some doing to get it to the point it can be moved. Then the new cutting table gets set up, and I can start trying to fit way too much stuff into the space I have.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:07 PM

I jumped on the bandwagon today! I separated all my home dec weight fabric into bins, bundled my stack of wool sweaters waiting to be felted, and set aside some quilting fabric to rehome. Now I can at least see (some of) my UFOs.

I too could have a much larger ironing and cutting area if I would stop stacking projects on the end rather than storing them neatly until I have time to work on them. Baby steps!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Sallyflymi View Post
I have returned. All of my rulers are in one place and thread in another and stiffing in another. Thank you

Woohoo! Bet it looks good, too.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:17 PM
Power Poster

Well today I used my light box and some patterns and cleaned them up today also. Normally it stands around for some time. I will try to do something daily however small.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Notwendy View Post
I jumped on the bandwagon today! I separated all my home dec weight fabric into bins, bundled my stack of wool sweaters waiting to be felted, and set aside some quilting fabric to rehome. Now I can at least see (some of) my UFOs.

I too could have a much larger ironing and cutting area if I would stop stacking projects on the end rather than storing them neatly until I have time to work on them. Baby steps!
Don't you love the progress??