Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Let's Organize Something Today >

Let's Organize Something Today

Let's Organize Something Today

Old 01-31-2016, 02:58 PM

I organized my wine rack so I can always have something to relax me when I quilt!
Old 01-31-2016, 03:11 PM

LOL!! Now that is some inspiration!!!

Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
I organized my wine rack so I can always have something to relax me when I quilt!
Old 02-01-2016, 08:23 AM

Am I nuts? I woke up at 4:30 this morning, couldn't fall back to sleep, so I got up and told myself I'd take 15 minutes and clear off my cutting table. An hour and a half later, the job was done.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:34 AM

zozee - I've done that too - wake up and get some idea stuck in my head and can't get back to sleep. Though I get up at 4:30 on a regular basis . . .

I did not get much fabric folding done this last week - been working on some other organizational tasks. I'm almost though my sewing machine attachment collection. Did the buttonholers first, then the regular sets, and soon I'll be on to the add on ones (hemstitchers, blind hemmers, monogrammers etc). It's good therapy - makes me not want to buy more LOL!!

My DH has been rather happy as I've been in an organization mode all month. Maybe I'll even get to my clothes closet that Ive not been in for ages.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:20 PM

It also gives me more motivation to move quilts right along.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:38 PM

ok, so I'm a month late to this particular thread, but I must have had some ESP going on with everyone here.

For Christmas, hubby got me a three-tier tool-chest, that has wheels on the bottom, so I can roll it wherever I need it to go. I was fortunate enough to have the entire week off after Christmas, so I spent some of that time pulling stuff from the various places and loading up the new tool-chest. This resulted in a dresser and chest of drawers being completely empty... which worked out famously, since my son moved into his own place and needed them!

That resulted in more organizing, because now I had to re-arrange everything.

Which then resulted in me realizing (yet again) that (1) I do not need to buy any more fabric and (2) I have far too many UFO's.

Which then resulted in me joining the UFO Challenge group here on QB. And I have now finished a total of 4 UFO's during January, and now have 3 flimsies waiting to be quilted.

Which results in more organizing of the UFO's to decide which one is next.

I'm beginning to sound like the story "If you give a mouse a cookie..."
Old 02-01-2016, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
ok, so I'm a month late to this particular thread, but I must have had some ESP going on with everyone here.

For Christmas, hubby got me a three-tier tool-chest, that has wheels on the bottom, so I can roll it wherever I need it to go. I was fortunate enough to have the entire week off after Christmas, so I spent some of that time pulling stuff from the various places and loading up the new tool-chest. This resulted in a dresser and chest of drawers being completely empty... which worked out famously, since my son moved into his own place and needed them!

That resulted in more organizing, because now I had to re-arrange everything.

Which then resulted in me realizing (yet again) that (1) I do not need to buy any more fabric and (2) I have far too many UFO's.

Which then resulted in me joining the UFO Challenge group here on QB. And I have now finished a total of 4 UFO's during January, and now have 3 flimsies waiting to be quilted.

Which results in more organizing of the UFO's to decide which one is next.

I'm beginning to sound like the story "If you give a mouse a cookie..."

Welcome to the thread! You've been one busy beaver--or should I say mouse? Props to you for freeing up and getting rid of a dresser to your son, organizing tools, assessing your fabric, turning some UFOs into FOs, and giving the rest of us a reason to cheer yet another member on.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:21 AM

I'd say beaver, as in eager. Way to go letawellman. I'd love to have a tool chest. That sounds pretty perfect.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:56 AM

I haven't posted in a while but I have been busy on my stack-O-scraps. I've been cutting them into squares to use in making YoYo's. I've put the squares in clear boxes and then to my chair for making while just chilling' in front of the TV. I'll post new pics soon. I did finish a UFO and am working on quilting another from my stack. I've made two sample YoYo quilt squares so I'm on my way with the YoYos
Old 02-02-2016, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

Two boxes of fabrics I would not use out of the door.

I sorted through several others and organized fat quarters.

I emptied out several small boxes and organized the fabrics.

Put bins back that I had pulled out to do projects.

Now I have a box of washed larger scraps by my ironing board to iron. I was given these scraps over a year ago and they got no further then being washed. Hopefully over the next weeks I will get to ironing them and organizing.

Pulled scraps together with my DD for her Farm Girl Vintage Sampler quilt and put them all in a flat plastic bin along with the book. This way both of us can grab the bin and work on the quilt. I am helping her as she hopes to make a King sized quilt.