Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Newly Furnished & Re Organized Sewing Space

Thanks again everyone! I feel like I am in a professional sewing studio now! LOL In a few weeks we'll be painting the room and adding the shelves for my doll collection etc. As my favorite color is pink I am painting the walls a very pale shade or pink. I can hardly wait!!
    And, yes My Time.. I am one very lucky duckie.. hence my signature line... I am Blessed by the Best!!
    ~Sheriann~💖 BabyLock Ellisimo 💖 Husqvarna Viking Designet 1ESS 💖 BabyLock Imagine 💖 Janome Jem Platinum 760 ♥ Beloved Gram's 1924 Singer Treadle 💖 1937 & 1953 Singer Featherweights #IAMSEWBLESSED ♥

Love it! So happy for you. ENJOY!
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    Love your sewing stations with all those drawers, wow.
    Mother yourself just as you would your own children, you will be surprised how much better you feel...Debbie Marie

Senior Member raspberryparade09's Avatar
    Thank you so much for posting your pictures!! I'm moving into a new space, and I'm going to bookmark your pictures for definite possibilities!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

wow love the way you have your machines set up.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

This is wonderful and such a great space!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

I especially like the setup of the 3 machines in front of the window - that's a very smart layout!

I went through many different room layouts before I settled upon this one.... Ultimately, I decided one long sewing space would give me the ultimate amount of space for whatever I am working on. As none of my machines are set into a table I can easily remove one of them for added space when quilting or embroidering.
    Thank you again for all your nice compliments.
    ~Sheriann~💖 BabyLock Ellisimo 💖 Husqvarna Viking Designet 1ESS 💖 BabyLock Imagine 💖 Janome Jem Platinum 760 ♥ Beloved Gram's 1924 Singer Treadle 💖 1937 & 1953 Singer Featherweights #IAMSEWBLESSED ♥

Looks wonderful. Enjoy and know that there are those of us who are just a tad jealous!

Blog Entries
    very nice//

Thanks for sharing. Looks amazing! I'm hoping to have my own sewing room one day, nothing like pulling everything out to put it away in the evening to take it back out.

Enjoy creating in your beautiful sewing room. Don't see your stash.

I love everything about it. Your hubby did an awesome job! I have a sensitive back too and, like you said, even a few inches added to the height of the cutting table makes all the difference in the world.

Where did you get your five drawer storage units under your sewing table? I love them.

Metrogirl
    The 5 drawer cabinets are from IKEA. They are the Alex drawer units.

Love your space!!! Great hubby
    Barb

No one can make you feel inferior unless you allow them to...Eleanor Roosevelt

what a great space! may you enjoy it in good healthy for many years!

Beautiful!!!

Looks like a very comfortable place to sew, have fun. thanks for sharing.
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

My stash is discreetly hiding behind the closet doors. It too is organized in plastic bins neat and tidy!! ..... most of the time!! lol

Blog Entries
    wow, I wanna come play

Congratulations on your new room. It's always nice to see someone make the furniture work for them rather than the other way around. Your husband has done a beautiful job - maybe the first quilt out of the new room should be for him. Joyce in DE

NunnyJo, love to have you come play.... we're kind of on opposite sides of the country... hmmmm....

JoyceHoopes I did actually make him a small wallhanging and mug rugs for his media room! Since they were Golden Retriever print fabrics he was pretty pleased with them. We have a beautiful Golden who is madly in love with 'daddy' kind of a mutual admiration society thing with them.. lol
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments on my sewing room, been a long time coming and ohhh soooo thrilled to have everything built for my needs in my 'play room'. Not bragging I just feel very blessed to have my special room.

Blog Entries
    OK! I'm suitably green and when can I come over to play. I love the bench with a station for each machine and all those drawers - awesome. Congratulations. I understand how you feel, I call my sewing space "My Happy Place"
    Last edited by katesnanna; 03-05-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Do you loan him out? hehehehe
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast