Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Working on my sewingromm for Last few day's my poor back. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/working-my-sewingromm-last-few-days-my-poor-back-t292235.html)

Annaquilts 10-31-2017 04:28 AM

Great job and wonderful items. Have fun using it. It is so much easier when it is all organized and more fun too.

carolynjo 10-31-2017 05:29 AM

I have read that people have to shut doors to keep pets out; maybe it's time to lock the door against unwanted pilferers! Some people have no idea of what is theirs and someone else's. I say put a lock on the door and use it.

buddy'smom 10-31-2017 06:11 AM

Thanks everyone, took long time but worth it, still have all the drawers to go through and fold cut up a few scraps and so on. No one goes in my sewing room, thank God my son is no longer with the girl. I also love scrap quilts and usually cut my squares 5;, 3 1/2",2 1/2", 2", and 1 1/2" but does get to my back, so gonna try and keep my scraps cut up as I do any quilts, so doesn't get out of hand again.

sewbizgirl 10-31-2017 08:07 AM

My goodness...where was your son when she was walking out the door with your stuff? I think I would have been the first customer at that yard sale, to see if I saw anything familiar!

Even with some of it missing, looks like you have plenty to play with for a long, long time!

buddy'smom 10-31-2017 01:03 PM

Thank you, I was moving at the time and all were in boxes and marked. Does any one else cut up there scraps into squares???

Jules51 10-31-2017 02:57 PM

Nice job! Love the cutting table.

buddy'smom 10-31-2017 04:57 PM

Thank you, the table helps so much with my back.

D.Henson 10-31-2017 07:34 PM

Your room and fabric look amazing. It is a lot of work and hard on the back. I do not cut my scraps into squares. They are in tubs, "lights" & "darks". I need to further sort -- the tubs are getting full. And I need to make some scrapy quilts. :D

rryder 11-01-2017 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 7935412)
Thank you, I was moving at the time and all were in boxes and marked. Does any one else cut up there scraps into squares???

I do if they’re smaller than 10” square. Otherwise I fold them up on cut down comic boards and stick them in one of my “smaller than a fat quarter” drawers arranged by color. I bought the Go dies in sizes that I normally cut and that has really helped me keep on top of my scraps.

Rob

buddy'smom 11-01-2017 07:47 AM

Thanks everyone, that's a great ideal Rob. I do like 10" squares as well.

Originally Posted by rryder (Post 7935741)
I do if they’re smaller than 10” square. Otherwise I fold them up on cut down comic boards and stick them in one of my “smaller than a fat quarter” drawers arranged by color. I bought the Go dies in sizes that I normally cut and that has really helped me keep on top of my scraps.

Rob