Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Working on my sewingromm for Last few day's my poor back. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/working-my-sewingromm-last-few-days-my-poor-back-t292235.html)

quiltingcandy 11-02-2017 02:02 PM

Your cutting table looks fabulous! Having the correct height makes all the difference. My DD went with me to the local sewing/vacuum store and they had the cutting table that I swear was made for me. It folds up and pretends to be a full length mirror when not in use. My DD talked me into getting it and I am so glad she did. Now the whole family uses it when wrapping gifts.

buddy'smom 11-02-2017 09:17 PM

Thank you, I do love my table, the extra height is just perfect.

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy (Post 7936701)
Your cutting table looks fabulous! Having the correct height makes all the difference. My DD went with me to the local sewing/vacuum store and they had the cutting table that I swear was made for me. It folds up and pretends to be a full length mirror when not in use. My DD talked me into getting it and I am so glad she did. Now the whole family uses it when wrapping gifts.

midwife 11-03-2017 12:49 PM

Great job. You sure have quit the stash!

ShannanMN 11-03-2017 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 7934170)
Thank you, I use to have a whole book case full of Halloween fabric, when I moved my son's girlfriend took a lot of my fabric and of coarse I didn't notice it till I unpacked. She also helped herself to my creams/tans, wow, calico's and more, her family was having a yard sale and she most likely made a killing on my fabric.

I'm not going to repeat out loud the words I uttered when I read that buy I hope for you, your son, and your stash that she never gets beyond "girlfriend "

Mariposa 11-04-2017 12:20 PM

Kudos on all the organizing done! It looks great!
yes, I do cut my scraps into squares: 1.5", 2.5", along with strips : 1.5", 2.5", 3.5", 4.5", 5", & 6.5". Also cutting blue and white 10.5" squares for a Delectable Mtns. quilt for me.

love to sew 11-04-2017 06:12 PM

it looks like you could be a store!

buddy'smom 11-05-2017 07:15 AM

Thank you, I do have a friend who doesn't like to cut scraps, but I just can't see throwing good fabric away, going through some of my Christmas scraps, I cut over 400 5" squares along with 3 1/2", 2 1/2" and some 1 1/2" Love them. Some of them may be a one of a kind.

costumegirl 11-05-2017 09:57 AM

Wow!! You have done an amazing job!! Everything looks so organized and inviting!! All ready and waiting for you to start a fun project!!

I love your shelves with the plastic drawers that your son made! So handy to have!! It is so nice also to have a cutting table that's just right to prevent back problems! I have been asking DH to help me make one and he has been stalling so DD said she will design one and help get it done - Yeah!!! She is a real DIY!

Yes I agree with you about cutting up and using those scraps! Some of the prettiest quilts are scrap quilts!!

Enjoy your lovely sewing space!! :)

buddy'smom 11-05-2017 01:48 PM

Thank you, I try and use a lot of scraps. I do still have a lot.

Originally Posted by costumegirl (Post 7938335)
Wow!! You have done an amazing job!! Everything looks so organized and inviting!! All ready and waiting for you to start a fun project!!

I love your shelves with the plastic drawers that your son made! So handy to have!! It is so nice also to have a cutting table that's just right to prevent back problems! I have been asking DH to help me make one and he has been stalling so DD said she will design one and help get it done - Yeah!!! She is a real DIY!

Yes I agree with you about cutting up and using those scraps! Some of the prettiest quilts are scrap quilts!!

Enjoy your lovely sewing space!! :)

gramajo 11-06-2017 08:56 AM

Your cutting table looks wonderful!