Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Record keeping for what you make.

Quote Originally Posted by klswift View Post
    I take a pic, post it in word and then write all the info under it (including date and who got it - whether it was gift or sold). I have it on the cloud but also copied onto a flash drive that I can take with me for reference.
    I like this idea. I have kinda been using the QB as my info repository, but think I may have to do something local. This would keep it in my computer and I could back up to the cloud also.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rryder View Post
    Here is a link to a form that the Lost Quilt Come Home website suggests. http://lostquilt.com/qd.pdf
    It is very thorough documentation, including places for photos and fabric samples.

They say to feel free to make copies of it and distribute it freely.

I have just started documenting my quilts because I wanted a way to track show quilts and then decided I'd also like to track the quilts that I make to give to family and friends as well. I did a streamlined version of the Quiltmaker's documentation. Just the information that I couldn't get by looking at the quilt (like batting used, current location of quilt, appraised yes or no, etc.). I did one page for each quilt that is still in my possession. Quilts that have been gifted did not get a page as I don't have enough info on the ones that I remembered to do much more than list them and who they were given to.

Rob
    Thank you for sharing the Quilt Documentation form. I saved it for later use
    Jackie
    Lover of Scrappy, Chocolate and Wine

I take a picture of front and then fold the back down to show it. What a great idea to say who I gave them to. I give 99% of my quilts away.

Some really good ideas shared. I have a notebook, each page is a quilt, including picture, pattern name, date completed, and who I gifted it to. But, I do keep a journal my SIL made me to keep track of specific things, such as specific stitch measurements for different things...such applique stitches etc. or product names etc. Anytime a I find a technique shared, I write it down or print out the page and stick it in book to try. My SIL helped me journal quilting basics when I first started quilting like binding technique or squaring up a quilt...stuff like that. I needed that at first but now it's ingrained. Lol..
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    I too keep an electronic diary. Iíve created a folder called Quilting Journal in the Notes app on my iPad. Whenever I start a new project I create a new note. Itís easy to insert photos and when Iím finished the quilt I place a photo of it near the top of the file. Then when I go to my folder I see a listing of all my quilts with a photo. UFOs and WIPs are easily identified because there isnít a photo yet and I document what is still left to do.
    I wanted a simple process so that I would use it consistently.
    This is what it looks like:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Valerie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2