Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ruler Storage Option?

Ruler Storage Option?

Going to try this again... an office supply solution that works great in my sewing room to store my rulers!
    Name:  CBB7FA17-D925-4476-9FE2-74ADA7730C0E.jpeg
Views: 1098
Size:  673.9 KB

Here is your photo rotated.

Name:  Ruler storage.jpeg
Views: 1099
Size:  199.3 KB

Clever storage idea! Love being organized.

I use a mesh file holder. Each ruler is in a plastic notebook file pocket that zips. Most rulers except the larger fit in the pocket. Someday I will get them labeled.

Rhonda, thank you... i was not aware that my photo was not oriented correctly! Wonder why it looks normal to me but not to you (and maybe not anyone else either)??? Sorry, newbie here - thought when i posted i was looking at what-you-see-is-what-you-get... interesting. Do you have any advice for me?

Hi April,

No worries at all. Pictures are always appreciated no matter the direction.

It has something to do with settings on the device used and perhaps the position of the home button when you take the photo. I just opened your photo in Paint and rotated it, cropped a little and re-saved to post here.

You are a Sweetheart, Rhonda - thank you so much for getting me going the right direction! I will have to see what i can learn from my error. I very much appreciate your help! 😊 As i said i am a newbie here just learning the ropes. Sometimes i am more successful than others, but it isnt for lack of trying!

This board has such a wealth of good information! And a lot of very nice and helpful people... thank you for being one of them!

But i digress... your method of storing rulers sounds great too! You mentioned wanting to label them - you must have quite a collection! I have been quilting/teaching for 25+ years... i am always amazed that a person never seems to have the “right” ruler for those new projects - no wonder we have so many to keep track of!

Thank you!

Welcome to the boards. Everyone is new at some time. I'm hanging my head like a lost puppy with all the rulers comment. Another one came home last week and I was tempted to buy two more this weekend. LOL!

I keep a list of rulers, embroidery threads, accu-quilt dies and machine feet on the ipad to prevent buying duplicates.

Blog Entries
    Just means I have to go and look up some of my old office supplies. Thanks for the quick piece of good information.

I use a wooden plate rack from IKea. One of those things with “fingers” to separate the sections.
    Alyce

I don't have a lot of rulers, 3 main long ones I use, plus some triangles & a 2.5" square. My big ones either hang from command hooks on my cutting table or I lean them against furniture while they're in use. The triangles are in the plastic bags they came in & the little square floats around & hides often!

Quote Originally Posted by AprilM View Post
    Rhonda, thank you... i was not aware that my photo was not oriented correctly! Wonder why it looks normal to me but not to you (and maybe not anyone else either)??? Sorry, newbie here - thought when i posted i was looking at what-you-see-is-what-you-get... interesting. Do you have any advice for me?

Mine was sideways but I thought it was me! Great idea.

Blog Entries
    This is my ruler storage wall. Reaching up there to get the right one is sometimes difficult. I get these from a woodworker here in Indiana. I can get his name if anyone wants it.Name:  20190708_072320_resized.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  338.2 KB It is refreshing to know that I am not the only one with a ruler fettish. I even have some duplicates.
    Last edited by Battle Axe; 07-08-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    Name:  IMG_0832.jpeg
Views: 705
Size:  1.64 MBhere is how I store my rulers

Love this. Right within reach. Thx for sharing.

Name:  Storing rulers.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  150.1 KBThis is the solution I came up with and hubby helped put up the board with cute door knobs. Hangs just below my sewing room window for easy access.
    Some people know how to put a blessing into any situation!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Rhonda. That was a nice thing to do. And it helped me a lot, since when I twist my head to look at things sideways, I get dizzy. (Something with my eyes ). You're a sweetheart.

Everyone has such clever ruler storage … I am going to have to remember them for when I get to reorganize my room!