Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2018j >

What are we organizing today (2018j

What are we organizing today (2018j

Old 11-17-2018, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Good job, Rob! Sometimes putting everything in a box helps me as long as I do go through it.
yes, going through it is the key. But then again, I could just put a date on it and if it’s not been gone through in a year thatkd be a good incentive to get rid of what’s in it
Old 11-17-2018, 05:56 PM

Good idea, Rob.

I have been organizing some fabric by going through the small plastic drawers in carts with rolling wheels. I moved the fabric from one spot to another but I now have 2 rolling carts with empty drawers! Wahoo! I am not sure what I am going to do with the carts but I will be keeping them for now. I did move them out of my sewing room but, unfortunately, I moved another 3 drawer cabinet in their place. Oh, well. LOL!
Old 11-17-2018, 07:54 PM

I have been doing a bit of organizing. I started taking 2 hours a week and sort old "Threads" magazines and taking out the articles I want to keep and tossing the rest. I've cleared out a section in one of my cabinets that I can't put other things in. I also cleaned out a closet and tossed a lot of shoes I'll never wear again which left me with 2 plastic holders with 4 drawers the slide out in each one. So I found a place for those and I'm putting stuff in them and labelling it so I know where things are. I finished the Christmas presents that need to be mailed today so tomorrow, I'm going to look in the closet and see if I have stuff in there on the floor and move some of the machine cases that are under the table in there if it's open. That will free up some under table space and get some stuff out of the walking path in the room.
Old 11-18-2018, 03:26 AM

Good work Connie and Patrice!

my next goal is to organize all the papers that have gotten piled on the various horizontal surfaces in my office. Oh, and I need to finish clearing off the guest bed and the floor around it since we have company coming for Thanksgiving. I also need to clear out some stuff thatks in the upstairs hallway....it never ends

Rob
Old 11-18-2018, 04:00 AM

Every time I see something on this board that I want to make, I print it off and put it in a three ring notebook labeled "Quilt Fun". It's my bucket list. I now have two full binders with wonderful projects.
What's on your bucket list?
Old 11-22-2018, 04:57 PM

I had hoped to sew this weekend, but rearranging and organizing in my sewing area needs to happen first. I need space for my ‘new to me’ Horizon 12000. It is only a few years old and the LQS machine guy checked it over. It sat in the same spot in the LQS around a month and I decided if it was still there on Saturday, I would get it. I only bought it a few days early. . Now I can use my other Janome just for piecing and the 12000 can be set up to embroider and quilt.

So probably no Black Friday shopping for me. I need to get the sewing room in order!
Old 11-22-2018, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Oh ret teach..you going to love having this new machine..creativity awaits you!

Bucket list...quilts in EQ waiting to be sewn, many of them miniatures. Oh the possibilities!
Old 11-23-2018, 04:17 AM

Retiredtach - Congrats on the new machine!

No organizing for me today, out-of-town guests. I might get time to list a couple more things on ebay or find something to trash, donate or sell....

Rob
Old 11-26-2018, 11:14 PM

Yes, I have my horizon 12000 still in my living room on top of my dingo cabinet that I need to get moved out into my sewing studio. My daughter was here from Wyoming and boy did she and her sister from Minot get totes hauled in for me to go thru and decide what to do with a lot of it. I have 3-4 large totes for the ladies that quilt at the church in Kenmare. They also make dresses for little girls in Africa so I’ll gdt rid of a lot of fabric that “what was I thinking” when I bought it. I’ll see if I can post pictures. I have changed the stuff on shelves and filled that wonderful big cabinet that I had wheels put under b4 it was unloaded out of pickup
Attached Thumbnails 6d668d44-92ba-478b-b4b3-52b7efc89c2d.jpeg  
Old 11-26-2018, 11:16 PM

I will go out and take new pictures in the morning