Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2018j >

What are we organizing today (2018j

What are we organizing today (2018j

Old 11-27-2018, 08:26 AM

I am looking forward to destashing some fabric and reorganizing my sewing room. I like Rob’s suggestion that if it hasn’t been used in a year...get rid of it, donate or trash.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:07 AM

I am organizing my UFOs this week. I need to go through them to see what I have and put them all in one place so I can tackle them in 2019. I am actually quite nervous to count how many I have, but I will. 2019 is the year of the UFO for me!
Old 11-29-2018, 10:49 AM

Grinch-- don't forget about the UFO thread in the Challenges and Contests section here on QB. We have a lot of fun encouraging each other to finish UFOs and making sure there's lots of pats on the back for every single finish. Last year I managed to finish at least 1 UFO each month and some months I had more than 1 finish. This year I finished 1 each month up through Sept. then hit a snag with a UFO t-shirt quilt. I got it out of storage in late Sept. and have put most of the top together, but hit a snag when trying to decide between another row of t-shirt logos or borders all around to get it to the size it needs to be. I hope to have it finished by the end of the year.

Today I'm working with tiny scraps and turning them into scarves that I sell at a couple of galleries here in town. That helps some with the scraps.

I need to do a serious re-organizing of my combined office/sewing studio/guest bedroom as I'm being stymied/easily distracted by all the half-done stuff I've got laying around. I don't want to put my current projects away as they will then become more UFOs, but I find myself wasting time trying to decide which one to work on first, rather than just diving in and getting something done. I think I need an intermediate storage system where I can put those things that are in progress so they don't add to the visual clutter of my small work space....

Rob
Old 11-29-2018, 11:14 AM

nothing... I'm organizing nothing today. HA! I am trying to get all of clue 1 done for the BH Mystery quilt... and then I have some Christmas fabric that is screaming at me to make a supersized hst star quilt... So, I may listen to that pile of fabric and use some up.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Grinch-- don't forget about the UFO thread in the Challenges and Contests section here on QB. We have a lot of fun encouraging each other to finish UFOs and making sure there's lots of pats on the back for every single finish.
Rob
Thank you! I will wander over there in a bit. I could benefit from that group!!
Old 12-01-2018, 04:46 PM

Grinch, I use the UFO thread to keep me working on a project so it doesn’t become a UFO. So far it’s been working. I’ve completed 6 quilts this year, each one started after Jan 1.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:10 PM

Two weeks ago I thought I must have a mouse in the kitchen. The little male cat, Buttons, began pointing to a specific drawer. I have a pointing cat, not a pointing dog. So I put some sticky traps in two places. And I got him, with Buttons's help.

So that prompted a complete cleanout of the kitchen. I paid my Amish neighbor to help clean, sort, and paint the shelves and drawers.[ATTACH=CONFIG]604671[/ATTACH]It's so easy to care for now. Took about half of my stuff to donation place.

So on Monday the same wonderful lady is coming back and we are going to go through the books in the office. Lots of quilting patterns and books. I'm so looking forward to it. Big drawer on the left is where the mouse met his fate.
Attached Thumbnails kitchen-paint-drying.jpg  
Old 12-01-2018, 07:13 PM

Battle Axe, sometimes it takes a mouse to jump-start (emphasis on jump) a deep-cleaning of the kitchen. I usually do it in January, regardless, but we've had a couple mice over the years at other times, and it just makes me crazy!

Glad your pointing kitty is so good at her job. I'm sure you were thrilled to have help cleaning, sorting, painting, donating, and are eager to keep up the momentum.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:30 PM

Battle Axe: I love the shine on the cabinets. I still have one of those Corning Ware dishes. I am glad you have a wonderful lady to help you with your tasks.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
I am organizing my UFOs this week. I need to go through them to see what I have and put them all in one place so I can tackle them in 2019. I am actually quite nervous to count how many I have, but I will. 2019 is the year of the UFO for me!
Me Too.... time to tackle a good pile of tops..