Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today (2018j >

What are we organizing today (2018j

What are we organizing today (2018j

Old 10-17-2018, 02:48 PM
Power Poster

Kudos to you kalamaquilts for using up stash and leftovers...wow 2001! I know I sew with fabrics that old, but add some new ones into my collection.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:12 AM

well I finished that project yesterday, a mountain of papers, mail etc. and I found that important paper I need! the genealogy, even that was a mess, I aphetized and put in neat folders, I haven't put in the file cabinet as yet, need to do some research today, but as I finish "one" folder it will go where it belongs. my attention span is not a good thing, do one thing then put it down and go to another project, just like I do with crochet&sewing, what a mess! but I see light in my tunnel! so I prioritize, a to do, list if you will. color coded material? I got too much to do that, I got my Christmas stuff in one spot does that count?? and yes, I also need to get into those computer bookmarks, some I haven't touched in years. thats another thing I need to start doing. and a lot is useless stuff.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

Today decided to clean off the cutting table...I was cutting elsewhere because I couldn't find the top! It is now cleared of miscellaneous items and ready for cutting...misc items are put away, too. Also cleaned off the ironing table...not as big of a job as it was done a short time ago. What is it about horizontal spaces that beg to be a drop off zone? A couple of weeks ago I bought some small wire baskets and hung them on the wall above those two spaces. I've used 2 Command wall hooks (.5 # size) to hang the baskets. I really like them and the hooks are holding up well. Now time to go back and make use of the cleaned off spaces!
Old 11-03-2018, 06:27 PM

Since I could not find my bonus buddy ruler ( about 5 inches long ) since I put in a new sewing cabinet, I went to the LQS to find another one. I think I found one even better. It's an Omnigrid that is one inch by 6 inches. I've already made all the half square triangles for Allietare, but the new mystery probably has some use for it.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:10 PM
Power Poster

Battle Axe, I have a 1x6 that I have in my apron pocket at work and use it all the time. It's the handiest for marking the diagonal when joining strips of binding (a common task for me) or the diagonal to make HST's from squares.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:58 AM

Yesterday I managed to organize all my trims by color. I bought some clear 5.5” x 4” x 3” bins and lids that fit into an old revolving cd tower. It holds 20 of the bins with room above each to stack a smaller container if needed. I still have one three drawer sterlite unit that holds the larger quantities that are on large reels and spools, but it feels good to have all the smaller bits organized by color for quick and easy access. I found gorgeous bits and pieces in useable sizes that I’d forgotten I had.

Rob
Old 11-05-2018, 12:32 AM

My mind. LOL
Old 11-05-2018, 04:18 AM

I am about a week behind! so need to go back into my sewing room and organize things in some semblance of"sanity".priortize, I am planning to sew a couple of mug rugs too, so that's going to help to remove some scraps. maybe I can get a table topper in there too. so that's 3 projects I want to do today,

projects. I do have the yarn in a crate, it's organized, the patterns still need some work too. I just keep saving those patterns that I find online, be it crochet, sewing quilting, cooking. so today is my weeding out these from my bookmarks on my computer.

also one more, this may sound off the wall, but you said what are we/I going to do today. well, I am still stuck on genealogy/family tree. there's so much info/misinfo as well. I could start on that too. I said start. maybe for each of these, a time limit? like 20 minutes for the mug rugs, and 20 minutes for the recipes and 20 minutes for genealogy. so that's my projects for today.

and one thing I did forget. study a scripture, & read Gods word, been slack on that too.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:30 PM

Yesterday I managed to put away all the spools of thread that were cluttering up my small cutting table. Now I want to go through my art and quilting books to see if there are some I am willing to part with. Those will go on eBay.

My big organizing goal is to get my jeweler’s bench cleared off so it can actually be used. I will probably have to resort to putting everything that is currently on it into a big box. I can put then go through that and decide what belongs on the jewelerks bench and what belongs elsewhere.

I think that’s enough organizing to carry me through to the weekend. And I should still have time to get some quilt making in!

Rob
Old 11-16-2018, 06:24 PM

Good job, Rob! Sometimes putting everything in a box helps me as long as I do go through it.