Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2019 >

What are we organizing today 2019

What are we organizing today 2019

Old 08-17-2019, 03:32 PM
Power Poster

Sew envious, Teen...what a smart idea on the murphy bed/design wall.

I am doing a happy dance...I have now gone through the juvenile fabric scraps and all are cut to various sizes. I'm itching to start sewing so. I have the yardage fabric all sorted and marked by lengths and in bins accordingly. I should be able to grab fabric as I need now and plan quilts by what's in stash. I also have the Bundles of Love fabric gone through and ready to go out the door. Retired T, I made contact with one of the coordinators and we will get together soon and I will have 3 13gallon garbage bags packed full of fabric and a smaller one of ribbings. Will feel grand when it gets delivered.
Old 08-17-2019, 05:22 PM

Teen: I’m so excited for you. I will enjoy seeing the pictures of your house and studio when they both are finished.

oksewglad: You made great progress with your juvenile fabric scraps. Congrats! My heart sings that you were able to connect with a Bundles of Love coordinator to find out what fabric they needed. I know ribbing is always in demand too. Thank you so much!
Old 08-17-2019, 05:57 PM

I'm beginning to organize my entire sewing room after our move. It seems overwhelming but I know the outcome will be much more efficient and attractive. Step by step.....
Old 08-18-2019, 05:41 PM

ok--I've put lots of thought into what needs to stay,what needs to go---and I'm committed to digging in and getting rid of stuff on Labor Day weekend. I've been stalling cause I've been swamped with quilting projects for others--but I'm going to make the time--and putting it here on the Board will make me move along!
Old 08-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

Yes...going through things is tedious, quiltingshorttimer. Fortunately mine in downstairs and when I get overwhelmed it's out of sight, out of mind. And once you get started, it's easier to get rid of things, as I try to be realistic in what I can really use. As I fill in the WIC with items I see the space I have and then start eliminating more.

In my sorting yesterday I found a quilt top of 56 squares ready to sew. I haven't sewn much this week so I sat down and have the rows all webbed together, Eleanor Burns style. Now to find a backing when I'm finished and I will have a UFO done.
Old 08-19-2019, 03:49 AM

Yesterday my friend Bill came to visit my newly organized sewing studio. He got some hands on lessons in sewing and FMQ on the atomic era White Selectronic 970 which I have not been using as there was no place to keep it permanently set up. At more than 40 pounds, this machine is just too heavy for me to be willing to set it up and take it down every time I want to use it. Long story short, Bill bonded with it and it now has a new home! Yay! It’s a great mid-century modern machine and he’ll have lots of fun playing with all its features. I can still visit it if nostalgia strikes. Decluttering really does get easier with practice.

Teen, That Murphy bed/design wall setup sounds like the perfect solution!

Rob
Old 08-19-2019, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Like you rryder...I am decluttering by default...My DIL was over last night and saw the WIP I started and really liked it...when it's finished it will be out the door, too! Win win for all of us!
Old 08-19-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Like you rryder...I am decluttering by default...My DIL was over last night and saw the WIP I started and really liked it...when it's finished it will be out the door, too! Win win for all of us!
Excellent oksewglad! Not only finished, but off to a good home so you will have space to make more!

Rob
Old 08-19-2019, 02:03 PM

Great job, oksewglad!! You are moving the stuff out quickly!

Rob...you have really made quite the impact on your decluttering...I bet your space is so nice to work in now. I'm sure there is more to do, like us all, but you've really worked hard..

LavenderBlue...so exciting to organize as you unpack in your new place. I'm so looking forward to that process. Have fun! While my home is being built, I started to make and buy things to help with that. Trying to not overdo, tho...lol!
Old 08-19-2019, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
ok--I've put lots of thought into what needs to stay,what needs to go---and I'm committed to digging in and getting rid of stuff on Labor Day weekend. I've been stalling cause I've been swamped with quilting projects for others--but I'm going to make the time--and putting it here on the Board will make me move along!
good luck!! We'll be cheering you on in hopes other things don't crop up and mess up your plans!!