Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 03-22-2022, 02:46 PM

Thanks, Teen and SusieQOH- MAQF is Mid Atlantic Quilt Fest- it's one of the Mancuso shows. I entered Big Butterfly in it and it won the Janome award for Best Sewing Machine Work- the prize was the 1522PG sewing machine.

Rob
Old 03-25-2022, 07:25 AM

Wow Rob that's awesome-big congratulations
Old 03-31-2022, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Yesterday I did a massive clean up. I literally couldn't find a thing. Finished at 9 pm and couldn't wait to get out of there! But now it looks quite inviting.
One problem I have is too much furniture in my room but I need what I have. Sigh..........
I still need to sort all my yardage. I have a double closet that my husband built shelves for. It's a mess. So I'm not really finished but it's in the back and I can ignore it a little longer
Old 04-01-2022, 06:00 AM

Congratulations Rob. I don't remember your Big Butterfly but I have always admired your marvelous quilting so can totally see you as a winner.
Great job SusieQOH I get so much more done when my room is picked up and organized. After my huge de-clutter in January I try and put things back after each project. I don't always succeed but I try as I get so frustrated when I can't find what I know I have.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Thanks, EmiliasNana- yesterday was a joy sewing. I could see surfaces and find my tools!
Old 04-04-2022, 02:38 AM

Time for a general clean up of the sewing room today. Going to a retreat this coming week-end and need to make choices of projects to take and all of the miscellaneous tools and materials to create finishes and not more UFOs. The real challenge will be when I return and have to put all of that "stuff" back after the retreat. Tee-Hee-Hee.
Old 04-04-2022, 03:38 AM

WMUTeach, your post reminds me that I desperately need to do the same. I have been working on my DGS quilt with appliqué pieces at every work station and I also hosted a small sewing bee this past few months with a couple of my sewing friends. I used to tidy up every Friday afternoon but somehow have got out of my cleanup routine.

Have a great time at your retreat!
Old 04-05-2022, 03:48 PM

Rob….I remember your gorgeous butterfly…your award was well-deserved. That beauty rocked!

Susie….I cannot create in clutter so I totally get …furniture takes up so much space but for us quilters, we use it all…lol..

WMUteach….Enjoy the retreat! So glad retreats have been placed on calendars again following Covid….classes have been scheduled, too….I’ve got my eye on a class..

julie….I clean-up every night, if I can. it does help to not be so overwhelmed with a big cleanup efforts. Plus, it’s lovely to walk into your sewing room and just start creating..

I’m avoiding starting a big quilt project and mostly working on small projects. Creating stuff for storage and organizing… I made this fabric weave basket today to store my Kimberbell glitter sheet tubes. They’ve been annoying me..rolling around everywhere, falling off shelves…it’s stuff like this that keeps the clutter down for me. . Also, got my new raised garden beds ready for planting…so a bit of organizing going on here.
Attached Thumbnails c3efce11-1ef6-47ba-8358-87efeb8f4d38.jpeg  

Last edited by Teen; 04-05-2022 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-06-2022, 04:36 AM

Well, somehow while quilting my robotics decided to take a nose dive. The company sent me the items I needed to fix it but seems everytime I tried to fix it back to factory setting I screwed something else up to the point I decided it was best to back off and let a professional fix it for me. My dealer is in IL and I'm in IA so I needed to wait till he had a vacation from the school system he works at which will be this next week I guess. So since I couldn't quilt I decided to clean the machine room as I call it that houses what machines I have....quilt, embroidery, serger. Decided to clean up under the quilt frame and add a few more rolling carts to store stuff and to give me a full length level surface to keep my rolled batting on while I'm quilting.

I found things I'd forgotten I had, found a navy blue flat sheet I've been wanting for the backing on my utility quilt I was making, found a box full of large scraps of silks and satin fabrics, etc. Will be taking some items I found to the thrift store for them to sell such as various colors of denim I no longer want, a chocolate frown quilted velor piece of fabric I don't remember buying and so on.

Plus I decided to make curtains to go over all my threads to keep the dust down as my sewing rooms are in the basement. I'd ordered a dozen twin size flat sheets last year to cover all my quilting stuff while my kitchen was being remodeled as stuff was falling thru the floorboards as they demolished my plaster walls. The house is 120+yo so lost of old dust, dirt and probably mold coming down. Anyway, now I don't need them to cover the unfinished quilts so cut them up to make curtains instead. Also decided to add lettering to depict which threads are behind the curtain. I know which ones are there but someone else might not and it gave me something to do while I wait. I was on the last curtain yesterday and the last thread change when my embroidery machine decided to revolt for whatever reason. So now this machine is going to the repair shop to see what's going on. It's been a number of years since it's had a cleaning so it's not a total loss but I'm now stuck with finishing this project.

This has not been a good start of a year for me. 1st the wiring I had changed out in my back garage was not working on one side so had to call the electrician back. Then last week my AC/Heat unit in the new sunroom wasn't working so had to call the plumber on that. And of course I screwed up the robotics on my quilt machine and finally the embroidery machine decided to jump in on the band wagon. Oh yes, the battery on my car, only 1 year old decided to die a sudden death never to be revived ever again so I had to have my car towed. Not a good year at all but I will look at this as a learning experience and move on. If nothing else my sister and I will be taking our "Road Trip" earlier than we expected as my dealer is 65 miles away in a larger town so we'll make a day of it..................TODAY!!!!
Old 04-07-2022, 08:27 AM

Cool basket, Teen.

Sue- I hope you enjoy your road trip and everything gets fixed!

Going to spend some time today getting organized for a class I'm taking later this month. That means playing with my stash and deciding if I need to (gasp!) buy anything to add to what I've already got LOL!

Rob