Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 06-22-2022, 02:57 AM

Well we are moving in 3 weeks so I don't have a sewing room at all right now. In our new house I will have to set up my sewing in the large master bedroom so I will have lots of decisions to make soon!
Old 06-22-2022, 05:26 AM

I need to reduce. Things are spilling out on to my floor space. I guess it's time to get in there, pull stuff out that I don't need and either donate it, or have a yard sale.

Augh...I dread it!
Old 06-25-2022, 06:53 PM

Moving is a chore. Boxes have been stacked. Dumped several onto a table. Got bags for sorting stuff that will never be used again.
decided I really don’t like machine computerized embroidery. All that thread can be loved by someone else….OUT!!!!
The cloths are different in Florida and face it this body will never be 40 y/o again….Patterns-OUT!!!!
I don’t need my stash around me. Totes to the garage..

Hey! There’s my machine!!!!

Just sit down and finish those projects cluttering the counter!!!!

And those art portfolios can be in the art studio!!!!

Now, I can get my mind focused. Now I can see for sure, I need to buy an office chair. YES!!!!
Old 06-25-2022, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by ka9sdn View Post
Well we are moving in 3 weeks so I don't have a sewing room at all right now. In our new house I will have to set up my sewing in the large master bedroom so I will have lots of decisions to make soon!
I truly understand.
Old 06-26-2022, 03:06 AM

Organizing? I am clearing part of my mess by finishing some of the projects that I have put in a bin of unfinished projects.A binding here, a bag of HSTs there. That will be two down in two days. That feels good and eliminates some of the detritus.
Old 06-26-2022, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Organizing? I am clearing part of my mess by finishing some of the projects that I have put in a bin of unfinished projects.A binding here, a bag of HSTs there. That will be two down in two days. That feels good and eliminates some of the detritus.
Big yes!!!!
Old 06-26-2022, 12:43 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Moving is a chore. Boxes have been stacked. Dumped several onto a table. Got bags for sorting stuff that will never be used again.
decided I really don’t like machine computerized embroidery. All that thread can be loved by someone else….OUT!!!!
The cloths are different in Florida and face it this body will never be 40 y/o again….Patterns-OUT!!!!
I don’t need my stash around me. Totes to the garage..

Hey! There’s my machine!!!!

Just sit down and finish those projects cluttering the counter!!!!

And those art portfolios can be in the art studio!!!!

Now, I can get my mind focused. Now I can see for sure, I need to buy an office chair. YES!!!!

LOL! I understand about the office chair. So, are you in the new house and unpacking? Looking forward to seeing your quilting space when you get settled in.

Today I finished putting away all the scraps and leftover fabric from the Snail's Trail Al Fresco quilt! That took some time as there was a lot of it, but my studio is now clear and I was able to make some decisions on scheduling my time with the remaining 4 WIPs. It's amazing how cleaning up the mess helped clear my head about what to work on next.
I also made some progress decluttering in my other studio yesterday- my sister came to visit and as she's an elementary school STEAM teacher she always needs art supplies- so she went away with all the puffy paint and all the dry erase markers out of my studio. Yay!!! I'm sure there's more in there that she could use, so will try and entice her back for another visit next week

Rob

Old 06-27-2022, 10:49 AM

Thanks Rob.
like your declutter methods.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:08 AM

I am finally taking my fabric out of bins and putting them on shelves by color family. This may take me a few weeks to accomplish. Then I will hang up my rulers so that I can find them when needed. This is a big task for me.

craft
Old 07-05-2022, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by craft View Post
I am finally taking my fabric out of bins and putting them on shelves by color family. This may take me a few weeks to accomplish. Then I will hang up my rulers so that I can find them when needed. This is a big task for me.

craft
Yeah, for you! This is a major project and you are on it!. Keep u!s appraised of your progress. Pictures when you are ready
You will feel so good when this project is finished and it will be so much easier to create when you can see and find just what you need when you need it. Whoo-hoo for you!!