Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 12-02-2022, 10:38 AM

Well after 37 years in one home - that we built, including an awesome sewing room, we sold and left the state. Yes, another CA refugee. So our new home to us has a full basement. My husband says "this will be your new sewing room". What a lucky gal I am!! Not one, but two sewing rooms in my lifetime. My husband is a great woodworker and is all about custom cabinetry. We actually removed and moved a lot of the cabinets he had built in other home. They were so specific to sewing and I knew I would need them in new location. So happily, I am faced with a new floor plan, a new layout and new ideas. Since I enjoy painting, crafting, card making, this new area will include these areas for these hobbies as well. I love this mission organization section and always read thru all the ideas. So my 2023 plans will definitely be re-organizing. Before we moved I went thru my collections of everything and surprisingly got rid of quite a bit. But what I moved with, I know I want to keep. I will be so busy! A hard part is that I haven't been able to sew for over 6 months. It is all patiently waiting to be unpacked and put to use again. New year, new sewing room and a move that although we are both 66 years old - it was a healthy move to make. Yes, we moved us. Looking forward to all kinds of new adventures in our home and state!!
Old 12-02-2022, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Still Sew N View Post
Well after 37 years in one home - that we built, including an awesome sewing room, we sold and left the state. Yes, another CA refugee. So our new home to us has a full basement. My husband says "this will be your new sewing room". What a lucky gal I am!! Not one, but two sewing rooms in my lifetime. My husband is a great woodworker and is all about custom cabinetry. We actually removed and moved a lot of the cabinets he had built in other home. They were so specific to sewing and I knew I would need them in new location. So happily, I am faced with a new floor plan, a new layout and new ideas. Since I enjoy painting, crafting, card making, this new area will include these areas for these hobbies as well. I love this mission organization section and always read thru all the ideas. So my 2023 plans will definitely be re-organizing. Before we moved I went thru my collections of everything and surprisingly got rid of quite a bit. But what I moved with, I know I want to keep. I will be so busy! A hard part is that I haven't been able to sew for over 6 months. It is all patiently waiting to be unpacked and put to use again. New year, new sewing room and a move that although we are both 66 years old - it was a healthy move to make. Yes, we moved us. Looking forward to all kinds of new adventures in our home and state!!
How exciting! I have my Zen Den in the basement of my house and I love it! You’re very blessed to have such a talented hubby who supports your passion. Please share photos so we can share in your excitement! Congratulations!
Old 12-02-2022, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick View Post
How exciting! I have my Zen Den in the basement of my house and I love it! You’re very blessed to have such a talented hubby who supports your passion. Please share photos so we can share in your excitement! Congratulations!
Wow! Thank you! Zen Den, pretty cute name. I'd love to share photos. Maybe I'll be able to figure that part out. Thank you for your kind words!!
Old 12-03-2022, 08:39 AM

Cool Beans, Still Sew N! That's exciting, looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Rob
Old 12-04-2022, 04:58 AM

Spam reported.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:18 AM

These spam posts are getting so annoying :-( Thanks for reporting, WMU!
Old 12-05-2022, 10:02 AM

Today I'm working on getting the Christmas tree put up. Every year I say I'm not going to do one and then I always put it up anyway. This year my excuse is that our dog, Bubba is now 14 years old and he loves Christmas, so I don't want to disappoint him- don't know how many more he'll be around for. Got the ornaments, lights and tree stand downstairs. Just need to get up in the attic to get the tree down. But that needs DH to help because I can't reach to pull down the attic stairs- going to be taller in my next life LOL.

Anyone doing any organizing or decorating today?

Rob
Old 12-05-2022, 02:33 PM

My milk crates arrived and I spent an hour under my longarm reorganizing last night, looks much better! I think I will spend a few hours tomorrow morning doing more. I don’t decorate for Christmas, as much as I’d like to. My brain says NO, NO, NO, for something that is used 1x a year. More space for fabric!
Old 12-05-2022, 07:25 PM

Rryder - I was with you today in the decorating department and pulled everything up from the crawl space (clearly, my packrat habit extends to multiple areas of my life) and spent the afternoon trying to make the house look a bit more festive. Considering we had decided not to do much in this area this year (new puppy, no plans to entertain and just really busy lives), I'm a bit surprised at and pleased with myself for putting the effort in.

Tallchick - crawl spaces are not ideal for fabric storage so I don't have your excuse/reason to clear the stuff out. I almost wish I did! Maybe this year will be the year I actually sort through everything and pare it down a bit... maybe. ;-)
Old 12-06-2022, 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Today I'm working on getting the Christmas tree put up. Every year I say I'm not going to do one and then I always put it up anyway. This year my excuse is that our dog, Bubba is now 14 years old and he loves Christmas, so I don't want to disappoint him- don't know how many more he'll be around for. Got the ornaments, lights and tree stand downstairs. Just need to get up in the attic to get the tree down. But that needs DH to help because I can't reach to pull down the attic stairs- going to be taller in my next life LOL.

Anyone doing any organizing or decorating today?

Rob
I'm taking a break from my current quilt to make a 'Christmas Tree' wall hanging. We have two British Bombay kitties that are fierce climbers, (they are the most muscular cats I've ever held) .... so a definite no go, on putting up a free standing tree! My wall hanging is a Dresden Tree design. Right now I'm organizing all of the cuts and Christmas fabric that I'm going to use! So sorting out and organizing my Christmas fabric shelves!