What are we organizing today 2022 >

What are we organizing today 2022

What are we organizing today 2022

Old 01-09-2022, 03:17 PM

And here are after pics:
Rob
Attached Thumbnails img_2976.jpg   img_2977.jpg  
Old 01-09-2022, 03:19 PM

Wow, Rob - I logged in just in time to see you post your before pictures and I was already impressed with your organization there (I'm not going to share pictures of mine - too embarrassing), but the after pictures are great! What a difference and it will be SO easy to work from there! Thanks for the ideas. :-)
Old 01-09-2022, 03:29 PM

Thanks Gemm. The pantry didn't look as bad in the before pictures as it was in real life LOL! We had so many things stuffed in strange shaped containers and wedged on top of other things that every time DH tried to take one thing out, multiple other things had to come out too. We also found stuff that had been forgotten about (DH's semolina flour for making pasta, his European style flour for I know not what, etc.). Unfortunately we also found that a whole batch of dried New Mexico Hatch chiles that DH likes to use for making homemade hot sauces had not been thoroughly dried when put up and were rotted in their container, his AP flour had become wormy and some Indian spices had been sitting for too long and lost their potency- so those things got tossed. We also found 6 empty containers that were taking up space. The AP flour will be replaced next time we shop since DH bakes all our bread, but the Hatch chiles will have to wait for next summer's harvest .

Rob
Old 01-09-2022, 03:37 PM

Disappointing to see things spoil like that, but at least you know there's a nice and tidy space for the new crop! :-D
Old 01-09-2022, 05:24 PM

Lots of organizing happening! I enjoy reading the posts.

I finished sorting my batiks by main color. As I use them, I will sort the colors by width/amount of fabric. Because almost all of the batiks have been donated to my church group, they are mostly smaller pieces and strips. Good thing I like scrappy quilts!

Next organizing project: A milk crate overflowing with scraps. I had my project scraps under control for a while last year. 🤷‍♀️

Attached Thumbnails 094e958c-377c-479d-a52d-c6ed3cfb407c.jpeg  
Old 01-09-2022, 05:31 PM

Rob: Your pantry looks great!
Old 01-10-2022, 12:53 PM

rryder, congratulations.

While showing our house for sale, noticed the lady standing in the pantry for quite some time. I think that pantry might have been the clencher for her. A pantry is really important for the cook.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:58 AM

retired teacher; love the floor. Now I want a checker board floor with colored tiles. Mine are boring grey.
Old 01-11-2022, 08:45 AM

I got the little tree packed up, so now it's official- all our Christmas stuff is packed up and put away for another year. Meanwhile, I got behind on the Just Get it Done declutter Challenge. Several days ago we were supposed to go through our pins and get rid of bent, rusty, etc. and any others we don't use. I've got a ton that fall into all those categories so will try to get through some of them today and also pull out straight ones to put in my pin cushions as replacements for the bent ones I'm tossing LOL! I'm also not going to keep the bent ones that I use on my design wall- I have enough straight ones for several lifetimes and don't need to use bent ones.

How many folks out there have been using bent pins for ages because like me they have a "make do" mindset and aversion to throwing things out???

Rob
Old 01-11-2022, 09:13 AM

Playing with short Jelly Rolls today. I sew them together sife by side, cut into pairs of 2.5, keep sewing and cutting to make scrappy backs. End up with 8 1/2 inch blocks that I trim to 8.0 My quilt groiup just loves seeing my scrappy backs. I love getting more backs ready for my tops. Turn on the TV to listen as I mindless sew. My quilters call my quilts twofers or double sided.