Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Kentuckiana Area Get Together

No it doesn't! You have a GREAT time with your daughter!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragann63
    I won't be available anytime in March. My daughter is coming home from a 10 month deployment. We get to meet her carrier in Honolulu and cruise back on it to the states!! Sorry, ladies, even quilting doesn't hold a candle to that!!! LOL

I won't be available anytime in March. My daughter is coming home from a 10 month deployment. We get to meet her carrier in Honolulu and cruise back on it to the states!! Sorry, ladies, even quilting doesn't hold a candle to that!!! LOL
    I know you're happy about that! This time last year hubby and I were watching our grand so who was 19-26 months during the seven month deployment of my daughter to Iraq.

That is pretty cool getting to cruise back to the states on an airline carrier!

Plus....we are just throwing those March dates out there. We can throw some other dates out there too! LOL :D Now my DD is a senior so I know that May will start getting busy but how 'bout a weekend in April???

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Quote Originally Posted by Qbee
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgramma
    Link???
    OMGosh....duh...so sorry!!
    http://piecefulhaven.com/
    My quilt guild is having a retreat there in April. It would be great to meet there we could actually stitch and shop together. A Grown-Up Pajama Party of sorts.
    It would be fun. What do you do at a quilt retreat?

You quilt and eat and quilt and eat....ROFL!!

Quote Originally Posted by EllieGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Link???
    OMGosh....duh...so sorry!!
    http://piecefulhaven.com/
    My quilt guild is having a retreat there in April. It would be great to meet there we could actually stitch and shop together. A Grown-Up Pajama Party of sorts.
    It would be fun. What do you do at a quilt retreat?

Plus....we are just throwing those March dates out there. We can throw some other dates out there too! LOL :D Now my DD is a senior so I know that May will start getting busy but how 'bout a weekend in April???
    April would be better for me too! Does anyone go to the quilt show in Paducah? That's the last weekend in April.

Seriously though...if we do it as a retreat...I can probably get one of the ladies from my LQS to come out and give us a class AND I bet if we all go in to her shop together, she would give us a discount!!! Oh my...the ideas are SOOOO popping here!!

Seriously though...if we do it as a retreat...I can probably get one of the ladies from my LQS to come out and give us a class AND I bet if we all go in to her shop together, she would give us a discount!!! Oh my...the ideas are SOOOO popping here!!
    Do you live in Louisville? What shop does this lady own?

I live outside of Louisville in Oldham County right outside of LaGrange and her shop is in LaGrange. It is called "The Gathering Room" and they specialize in Civil War fabrics. They have a ton of 30s fabrics too.

Blog Entries
    I live outside of Louisville in Oldham County right outside of LaGrange and her shop is in LaGrange. It is called "The Gathering Room" and they specialize in Civil War fabrics. They have a ton of 30s fabrics too.
    Yes, on a retreat we eat, quilt, eat, and we played cards one night. We also go shopping at the Gathering Room, a lovely shop. Cheryl at Pieceful Haven is very nice. When we were there last year they were building another house next to the current one to increase the space. It is sorta like a three-day slumber party for quilters. Of course, it doesn't have to be three days. I think she said something about weekends. Scrapbookers also make use of the space. Retreats are so much fun.

Blog Entries
    Please let me know when you are going to meet and hopefully I can drive down to meet all of you from central Indiana

Well of course you will know....I'll be expecting you to be at my house a bit before the retreat to help me get ready...ROFL!!

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Please let me know when you are going to meet and hopefully I can drive down to meet all of you from central Indiana

Have any of you heard of Hancock Fabric in Paducah? I saw someone on another post mention it. I teach in Paducah Thursday nights and where I teach is write across the street from it!

Oh yeah...it is suppose to be HUGE! Alot of folks will be going to the big Quilt show in Paducah too. I tried to come up with a meet and greet for that week but didn't realize that you have to book room like a year in advance!! It is something to look at for next year though for sure :D

Have any of you heard of Hancock Fabric in Paducah? I saw someone on another post mention it. I teach in Paducah Thursday nights and where I teach is write across the street from it!

Oh yeah...it is suppose to be HUGE! Alot of folks will be going to the big Quilt show in Paducah too. I tried to come up with a meet and greet for that week but didn't realize that you have to book room like a year in advance!! It is something to look at for next year though for sure :D

I have a friend who lives in Paducah so if I decide to go I could stay there. If we wanted to do something like that we'd have to reserve rooms now for 2012! I think I may leave for class early a d go to Hancock's just to look around. I looked at their catalogue and they have awesome looking baticks.

Is anyone going to Paducah to the show?

We are taking the RV to Land between the Lakes and will go up to the show for several days.

Let me know if you are going and let's try to meet up!

Where did everybody disappear to????????????

It is warming up and starting to look like Spring......let's get serious about this. Maybe I should start a new thread??

Where did everybody disappear to????????????

That would probably be easiest :-)

Okay, guys!! We have been talking about it for almost a year! Let's pick a date and do it!!

Let's go for somewhere central...

Everyone put in your suggestions for places and dates and let's get together before the end of the summer!!

I would prefer a restaurant...lunch on a weekend would probably be the most convenient for those who have to drive. I am thinking a social get together...not a quilting event or show and tell. Those might come later! Let's just meet and talk this time.

I don't have any ideas, but will watch and see what others suggest. I was wondering about this the other day.

I agree!! Let me start :) I'll throw out a few dates and choices.
    How about one of these weekends:
    - Weekend of July 2nd and 3rd (3 day wkend for July 4th holiday)
    - Weekend of July 9th and 10th
    - Weekend of July 16th and 17th
    - Weekend of Sept. 3rd and 4th (Labor Day weekend)
    Next question:
    - One day event for Lunch and "meet and greet"
    OR
    - Weekend retreat beginning late Friday evening/Sat AM and ending Sunday afternoon.

So......what ya'll think?!
    Just give us your feedback! :D

Okay, guys!! We have been talking about it for almost a year! Let's pick a date and do it!!

Let's go for somewhere central...

Everyone put in your suggestions for places and dates and let's get together before the end of the summer!!

I would prefer a restaurant...lunch on a weekend would probably be the most convenient for those who have to drive. I am thinking a social get together...not a quilting event or show and tell. Those might come later! Let's just meet and talk this time.

July 10th is my 40th wedding anniversary, so that weekend is out for me and the next weekend we will be in Knoxville for the AQS show. And we usually have family commitments on holiday weekends. Sorry!

The two holiday weekends are out for me - vising daughter on the 4th and 30 year HS reunion in September. The other two July weekends work for me.

Cost wise and medical issue wise right now, I can't do a whole weekend, but it would be a great thing to plan for the future!

Any of those weekends are fine with me as it stands right now. Meet and greet or weekend retreat is fine with me just let me know when and where. We have 2 quilt shows coming up in September. There is the Heartland of Kentucky Quilt Show in Elizabethtown, Kentucky Friday, September 23 and Saturday, September 24. Then there will be the Bluegrass Quilt Festival from Friday, September 30 until Sunday, October 2 in Shepherdsville, Kentucky.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast