Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat >

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

NW Oregon and SW Washington~Beach retreat

Old 06-26-2011, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
Maybe we can have a get together between now and then? Anybody want to host for the first time? I'm willing but thought that others might like a chance. Preferably a Saturday? I love that we all have lots of new friends!
You are all wecome to come out here again! Maybe we can get the new deck in by then.

I also have "the park" area if anyone wants to RV or camp out.
(DH will have it mowed by then~a little overgrown right now.)
Old 06-26-2011, 06:21 PM

I've confirmed that I'm not going to be able to make it in November! :( Maybe we can have a get together between now and then? Anybody want to host for the first time? I'm willing but thought that others might like a chance. Preferably a Saturday? I love that we all have lots of new friends!
I'm thinking about inviting everybody over Labor Day weekend (for one day only), but haven't talked to DH yet.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Banned

Feathers quote to Sherryl, trying out your long arm would be such fun. I've wanted a LA forever and passed on the chance to get one a few years ago when that was what my DH said he wanted to get me for Christmas/birthday and I told him not to as I didn't think I was a good enough or knowledge enough quilter to have a LA....was I nuts? The offer has never come up again! :-(

I'm packing my bags for November![/quote]

Feathers I would love to have you come in November, but I feel that I need to tell you now that my longarm machine is on the second floor - so that means a flight and a half of stairs (18 total). I have the master bedroom down on the ground floor that you can use, but the longarm is upstairs. Wish there was someway I could bring it down for you but that would be a major production and I don't think DH would allow me to do that. Everything else will be set up on the ground floor for sewing, eating and whatever else.

Thanks and looking forward to November,
Sherryl
Old 06-27-2011, 05:51 AM

2 Doods that sounds like a winner.When were you thinking about? Carol as always I am gone camping over Labor day so I would have to miss that one.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by quilttiludrop
I'm sharing some wonderful news!!! One of my DIL's just announced that they're pregnant! They've been trying for 3 years and just got the news this morning! I want to tell the rest of the family but we have a policy to let them do this, so I'm telling you!! She's so excited, she's nearly bursting through the ceiling! Needless to say, I'm excited as well! Here goes making another baby quilt! :)
My DIL is due July 15th, but hoping for an earlier delivery. I haven't made the new baby a quilt yet. We had a shower June 12th, and she received lots of lady bug motif items. I'll keep you all posted.
We have a baby girl born June 25th at 6:03 a.m.. Her name is Olivia Grace. She weighed in at 6 pounds and 6 ounces and is 19" tall. I'm going to meet her tomorrow for the first time! And I got her older sister's quilt done! You can see at on the board at "My granddaughter's quilt".
Old 06-27-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
Maybe we can have a get together between now and then? Anybody want to host for the first time? I'm willing but thought that others might like a chance. Preferably a Saturday? I love that we all have lots of new friends!
You are all wecome to come out here again! Maybe we can get the new deck in by then.

I also have "the park" area if anyone wants to RV or camp out.
(DH will have it mowed by then~a little overgrown right now.)
That sounds great, Alice! Do you have any idea when you would like to do it?
Old 06-27-2011, 04:24 PM

Congratulations, Carol! Hope Mom & baby are doing well. We have grandbaby #2 due Sept 1st. Can't wait :-)
Old 06-27-2011, 05:54 PM

Yay, Carol! So glad that she arrived safely and that you got the quilt done! You definitely were busy at the retreat.

I just found out that neither of my sons in FL will be able to come to our family reunion next month and that mom and baby might not make it either! :( This long distance grandma stuff stinks!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 07:55 PM

Ohhh, so sorry Karen. WHY the heck do our kids have to move away?????? :thumbdown:
Old 06-27-2011, 08:15 PM

That's why I always encouraged them to go to school locally but this son met his wife during his mission and then joined the Navy!