2009 Secret Santa Pictures! >

2009 Secret Santa Pictures!

2009 Secret Santa Pictures!

Old 12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Originally Posted by cutebuns
Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian

How much is a can of syrop there? I can sometimes find it for around 7 or 8 bucks a can... We find that expensive for stuff that's manufactured in our back yards, lol! I can't even imagine how much they would cost elsewhere!
We used to make it, though it was in the front yard, I lived on a farm in the Orillia area growing up and the drive was lined with sugar maples and the yard had a few more (the bush had more but it was to far to carry the sap, especially since we had lots already) She did everything with it and now I have a fit when I see the prices for it. though when I was on course way back in the military in Quebec, we went to the Caban a Sucre, (I knwo the spelling is off) (Sugar Shack) and boy was it good,
Close. Cabanne à sucre. We go every year, boy is it good! Did you try 'la tire'? It's basically pure maple syrop, boiled down to evaporate a lot of the water content and then poured over cold (clean) snow so it hardens up (only a few tablespoons at a time). Then you take a popsicle stick and roll it in the little puddle so it all sticks to your stick instead of the snow and then you eat it... That's the best part of the Sugar Shack to me!
THat is one of the best things to do with it, I have pretty much had it anyway that you can, a fav way to have a bowl of it and dip fresh bread into it and eat it, we had a lot of it, jars and jars of it, Mom would make about 10 gallons a year, that is a lot of sap that we had to carry for it, and she would give it to a lot of friends as well, it was cheap to make as basically you just need the wood to keep the fire going to boil it down and then put it in containers, (I was all done outside, we had a big big pan for it that we used in the fall for corn and such. ) I love when it crystalized in the bottom and we got to pick it out,
Old 12-16-2009, 08:31 PM

I'm finally getting my photos posted from the Secret Santa. Sorry it took so long. I got a beautiful hand-smocked ornament made by joannL (I just love it). Also got 5 wonderful batik FQs in great colors, flat-head pins, which I needed, and a kit to make a Christmas table runner. Also some chocolates! Thanks so much, Joann!

Hand-smocked ornament
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59933[/ATTACH]

Secret Santa
[ATTACH=CONFIG]59934[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-59933.jpe   attachment-59934.jpe  
Old 12-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teacup
I'm finally getting my photos posted from the Secret Santa. Sorry it took so long. I got a beautiful hand-smocked ornament made by joannL (I just love it). Also got 5 wonderful batik FQs in great colors, flat-head pins, which I needed, and a kit to make a Christmas table runner. Also some chocolates! Thanks so much, Joann!
Just loverly, Teacup!
love that smocked ornament...wow!
I have to keep reminding myself, that today was the 16th and not the 26th.
We still have Christmas to do!:D

Peachy, I'd like to see those pictures too.
There were some other treats and I was reading as fast as I could and hanging on, and passing the cookies,...other ppl were passing....um....recipes :wink:
stacked like cord wood we wuz.
Tippy was on the bottom. You know she's gotta be a strong woman. She held out to the end...and I didn't get booted till it was over! yippee!
(I even had a special request for cookies, lol...guess who?
your bud and mine...a tn frog lover, lol! :wink: )
So, Peachy, how is your frog doing?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pvquilter
I haven't heard from the person I was SS too. Hope everything is OK!!
I haven't heard from mine either.
:roll:
Old 12-18-2009, 04:37 PM

I sent my SS a pm to thank her and I posted the pics but I never heard from her. I read where she had knee surgery several months back so I hope she is doing ok. The recipient of mine didn't post pics but she did send me a pm.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:44 PM

More people need to post a picture of their gifts!! I'd love to see what everyone got!!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:44 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

I cant post mine till next week cause my camera is at home and i am not. but i promise to post when i get home after the 22nd
Old 12-19-2009, 05:39 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hello everyone, just wanted to say that we're off to Holland tomorrow then England on Wednesday so if I don't get back on here, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and speak to you next year! :-D

Hugs to you all, my friends. :-D

Kathryn xxx
Old 12-19-2009, 06:07 AM

Wishing you a safe journey and the merriest of Christmas and a hppy new year
Old 12-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Banned

Everyones gifts are awesome