Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Am I being to sensitive?? >

Am I being to sensitive??

Am I being to sensitive??

Old 07-16-2011, 05:16 PM

I remember getting a home made quilt for my 3rd daughter from my mother in law. I thought oh boy another blanket (mind you I was still young) but as time got closer and I had my pick of blanket, I kept choosing her's cuz it was so snuggly and plump and just was what made me feel I needed to keep the baby comfortable. It ended up being my most favorite of all blankets I had gotten for all 4 of my kids and btw if someone would of given me a quilt that looked like the one you gave her I would of flipped out and used it endlessly on and under the baby, I think it would of been my favorite from the start, I love it. Hopefully she will appreciate it and love it like I did my MIL's. Sorry they were so insensitive, but as we all know sometimes people just don't think about their actions.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:22 PM

Your quilt is adorable..You went through ALOT of work and kindness for a daughters...SIL's...daughter. I don't blame you for having hurt feelings.
Hopefully this is the blanket that the little one will have to drag everywhere with him. That'l teach'm to think of it as just another blanket...hehehe
Old 07-16-2011, 05:27 PM
RDM

It is adorable. I'm sure they'll come to treasure it. People don't realize what gets implied through their actions. It saddens me to know how little appreciation was shown at the shower. It's a wonderful quilt and love the border/backing and your blue center sets off the print nicely. I'm sure that little guy will get much use from it. Think on that to encourage you. Sadly people who do not quilt can't understand what a labor of love it is. Your quilt will stand the test of time.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:34 PM

The quilt is adorable, and your workmanship beautiful. The education of those people, however, leaves something to be desired... I think it's called "common courtesy" and/or "having a grateful spirit". Bummer. No, YOU are not to sensitive... THEY are too gauche. Take a cruise next Thanksgiving - the company would be better. <G>
Old 07-16-2011, 05:39 PM

The worst thing that ever happened to me like this is when a friend of mine was sick, I gave her a quilt made in her favourite colours to cheer her up, later on after she was better she told me that she didn't really like the quilt and hoped i didn't mind but she’d given it to the dog. Ah well at least he appreciated it he’s slept on it ever since maybe that’s who it was meant for all along.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:56 PM

You did a fantastic jpb on that quilt! And you are not being senstive!
Old 07-16-2011, 05:57 PM

Very cute quilt!! I think it will be the babies favorite blanket.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 PM

I think you quilt is lovely and given with love. DEB
Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM

I'm sure they'll love it, and were just doing that "on to the next present" thing. It's so wonderful that you adapted the quilt to a theme they suggested. They really will appreciate it and love it, they just didn't handle it right at the time!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:20 PM

What a thoughtful gift to give. Your baby quilt is adorable and you did a great job. :thumbup:

I'm sorry that they didn't have the understanding of what it takes to make a quilt, but you know...many people don't understand. I wouldn't give that family anymore quilts...just buy them a rattle for the next baby shower...I'm sure that they will love it. :evil: :twisted: