Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: awful... first quilt i ever "finished"

I hope my first quilt is not around anymore. I am teaching myself too. Getting better with each one. DH thinks all are great. Thanks to his encouragement, I keep going. I call it my get-away place. No nerve pills for me, just my sewing room.

Hey I think you did great for a first time.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I agree, all that really matters is that it was well loved. That is the best testament of all. And I love the colors, that shade of blue is a favorite of mine.

Now having said all that, and not being critical by any means, I think if this were mine, I would enter it into the "Ugly Quilt Contest". It is all for fun, no true criticism intended, and I understand there are cash prizes.

http://quiltinggallery.com/photo-con...t/contestants/

Stitched with love is all that counts.

Blog Entries
    It was made with love, and that's what matters.

Congratulations on the new addition!
    Sue

We all had to start somewhere. And your dd loved it that is all that counts.

We must have been in the same class, some of my first quilts looked like that too. :lol:

Blog Entries
    great first quilt. the judge had decided and that is all that counts..looking forward to your next quilt. very brave to show your first quilt. Congrats.

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    Your daughter will treasure it when she's older too! Just you wait and see!! My MOM made this for me!

Just looks like it was "well loved" to me, and I wouldn't have it anyother way. Congratulations on the new baby!

You should see the first one that my cousin and myself started
    when we were kids getting into my mother's stash. Yours is not
    that bad.

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    I have my first quilt..It was made when I was 9 years old...I have come a long way since then...And I bet you have too..

Power Poster
    Congrats on expecting your second child.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Stewart
    Okay so six years ago I was determinated to make a quilt and I knew no one who knew how to quilt so I set out to teach myself and slowly over the years I have improved, thank God. So, today I just found out I am pregnant with my second child, so I went looking through my daughters old baby stuff! Omg, I found this quilt, she LOVED IT, so I guess that is all that really matters. Looking at it the points do not match, clearly, LOL, it came apart a lot, so I hand stitched, I never quilter it, I had no idea how to so I tacked it with thread. All I can do is laugh, my new baby will have a little different. And I have now made some really nice quilts for my daughter, I just cannot believe how bad this one is. Lmbo. Hope you all get a kick out of it!!!

The beauty of it is all the love you stitched into it for her. We all have disasters in our past and thank God we have improved and can laught at ourselves. Congrats on the new baby, I send my prayers for a healthy happy bundle of joy toyou all.

You know what tho? How awesome you are that you wanted to learn and you didn't let not knowing how stop you. You jumped right in with both feet and gave it your best effort. And you kept right on doing it, learning more each time.
    That takes grit and determination and you should be so proud of yourself!!!
    Congrats on the news and on the way your quilting skills have developed.

But it has CARE BEARS, so I'm sure she loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by cctx.
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    Hey..don't be so hard on yourself..we all start somewhere! It is well loved...isn't that the point? Good for you!
    I agree with you on this one Charismah.
    It's beautiful and will be loved very much.
    I agree, and I'll bet it is nice and soft, that is why your daughter liked it so much. Congratulations on the new baby!!!

Hey, she loved it, that's what mattered

Your daughter loved it, so that is all that matters.

my first one is really bad too

I see an ARTIST SCREAMING TO GET OUT!!LOL!!!! isn't nice to see how much you've improved in only6 short years??

I don't see mistakes, I see hard work and love, good job

i am finishing the first quilt top i ever sewed with no sewing experience at all. and i decided that i was going to learn how to fmq on it....LOL holy cow what a mess it's going to be! but it's for my first grandbaby to lay on on the floor so hey, it'll see lots of messes and i'm just using it for fun and to learn on. fmq...i need a lesson!! lol :) congrats on your pregnancy, so thrilled for you!!! the love in your heart shows as you perservered thru this quilt and it will always be loved by your child, same as you!

Hi Leah: The quilt shows me what a strong, determined woman you are. And the blocks you made for me in February certainly shows what an excellent quilter you have become! Your perseverance paid off in the long run! Stay strong....JoAnn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leah Stewart
    Okay so six years ago I was determinated to make a quilt and I knew no one who knew how to quilt so I set out to teach myself and slowly over the years I have improved, thank God. So, today I just found out I am pregnant with my second child, so I went looking through my daughters old baby stuff! Omg, I found this quilt, she LOVED IT, so I guess that is all that really matters. Looking at it the points do not match, clearly, LOL, it came apart a lot, so I hand stitched, I never quilter it, I had no idea how to so I tacked it with thread. All I can do is laugh, my new baby will have a little different. And I have now made some really nice quilts for my daughter, I just cannot believe how bad this one is. Lmbo. Hope you all get a kick out of it!!!
    That's all that matters..it was loved! I think you are a little hard on yourself!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast