Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baby Quilt

Blog Entries
    They're both pretty, but I am in love with the second one! I like things that look realistic.

Thanks, that is my favorite one too. It still needs to have a green strip under the columbines and under the trees and under the animals. Each stip of green is 3 inches fo it will grow some. It has a dark blue inner boarder and a blue outer boarder to go on so it will get bigger with that too.

Wow I didn't realize how bad my spelling is getting. Need to start previewing before I send. :)
    Connie

Hi Connie, Pretty baby quilt. I really like the second one. I love trees, mts. and animals on anything. My husband is an avid elk hunter so am always looking for that theme. There are lots of deer and moose patterns, but not many elk.

I have the elk pattern and if you want I can send you a copy as soon as I get some more ink. I'm out right now. I love the animals too. I was excited to see them included. My trees were supposed to be Aspen trees but they looked so stupid I changed them and just added green leaves. They tried to tell me aspen leaves were shaped like hearts but I have an aspen tree and I looked a leaf up on-line and it was nothing like what the others put on their quilts. I don't go to the class anymore. They won't be done with their quilts until the end of May. I'm leaving for England on the 13th of May and won't be back for 2 weeks. I want it done now so I can make one for my friend in England. Just send me a private e-mail with your address and I'll send one soon.
    Connie

There is a group of women in Colorado that make the really little quilts that go into the red wagons at Children's Hospital. They go through a lot of them there. They pull the kids around to x-ray and other appointments they have in the hospital. Makes those little wagons a lot softer for them to sit in. Connie

I don't know if I'm doing this correct, but here goes. I've never sent a PM before. Jan Starcevich
    P.O. Box 306
    Cashmere, Wa. 98815
    Thankyou for sending me the elk pattern Connie. Have a wonderful trip to England.

I have it wrote down. I used to live in Spokane, WA. I was born in Coeur d' Alene, ID and lived in Post Falls, Idaho through 3rd grade and then moved to Spokane. God's country if you ask me.

You know I was thinking I can just e-mail the pattern to you that way I can get it to you faster. I don't need ink for that. The elk and the bear are on one page together. I have the deer too if you want that one. I just need a good e-mail address for them.

Take care,
    Connie

Where in England will you be staying Connie?

Karen

I'm staying with my friends in Grimsby. It's on Winthorpe Rd, NE Lincs what ever that means. Have you been to England? I'm looking forward to being there but not the flight over. I can't wait to see my best friend. It's just sad she has that Parkinsons Disease and can't do much. I am hoping the medicine she is about to start will help her. If not it's on to the brain surgery. Good thing they have Universal Health Coverage.
    Connie

Oh silly me. I see now you live in the UK..

Thanks Connie. We go to Spokane alot for shopping. You wouldn't believe how big Post Falls has grown in the last couple of years. They just built a huge Cabela's there and lots more industries are shoting up. Coeur d' Alene is beautiful and you are right, it's Gods country all around that area. Jan

I believe the word is shooting up not shoting up!

I went up last suumer and stayed for 2 weeks with a friend in Post Falls and a couple night at my sister's house. She lives in Newport, Idaho in a big beautiful home in the summer and in the winter she stays in a condo in Peurta Pinasco (Rocky Point) Mexico. She put up a building with 4 condos and sold 2 and kept one for herself and one for her friends family. They have been in Seattle lately because her husband's daughter just had his first grandchild. A boy named Hamilton. They'll be going back to Mexico if they haven't already gone.

When I go to PF I usually get a lot of friends from school rounded up and we have dinner at the resort and dance and drink of course. ha ha It's always a great time. 2012 we will have our 40th class reunion. OMG
    Connie

Thanks Connie for the deer, bear and moose pics. I can't believe you live in Colo. and don't know an elk from a moose. Ha ha. I'm just joshing with you. I'm a big kidder, but I'd still love a pic of an ELK. Jan

Your right I forgot that was a moose. HA HA Guess neither of us know the difference. My husband just laughs at me about it. Oh well that should work on a man's quilt. I still have to do the applique sewing on mine. I'm supposed to be doing that right now but I just keep getting messages on here. I saw the msg where the girl is making rice bags. I made on a long time ago and I love it on my feet at night when my husband is working at night.

Have fun with the animals.
    Connie

Hi Connie, I need to get busy on my BOM also but it seems to be more fun getting messages and answering them. I really do appreciate you sending me the animals and I will use them and think of you when I do. Gotta get to work! Jan

Not sure what your BOM is but I need to get on mine too. I sent you a link to you tube where I was looking for blanket stiching. I found a site on the page where someone has a lot of quilt petterns with bear, moose and wildlife stuff. Guess you get the patter and work it like the ones I sent you but you cut these all out in one piece and put them on fabric and that's it. Just finish it like a regular quilt. It's kind of a neat way to do things. That is how I did the inside of my stained glass window I put on this site somewhere.

I'm getting to work.
    Connie

Hi Connie, Just got back in town. We work 138 miles away 5 days a week. That's why I'm late in answering, I wasn't ignoring you. We don't get any signal where we work. BOM is Block of the Month. It's an 18 month one and we have 3 months to go. Can't wait to get it together. Jan

That sounds like fun. I saw one BOM on here somewhere. I'm getting BOM's from Love of Quilting, Fons and Porters. They are all flowers. I haven't even started yet but I think I have the first 7 blocks. I have to get cutting for a class on Tuesday night at Joann's. My friend and I decided to go to a couple classes. We didn't go to the first one because we don't need to learn how to cut but we have to have all nine blocks cut out by Tuesday night. This afternoon I have to go to another friends house and scrap off bricks. We are making a cool garden at church. Can't wait to get it done. It's too early to plant but we can at least get the bricks in and hope her husband cuts the trellis for us.

[b][i]Conblonblond,
    I LOVE the first quilt- the baby quilt. I wish that I could come up with the skill somewhere inside me to do the work so well like I see others do. I love the bear paw? and the heart and the balloon. Looks pretty feminine but it is still beautiful.
    Nice job- good luck on the quilting thing coming up. 8)

That is so pretty! Perfect for baby!

Thanks, you know I've never considered that quilt a baby quilt but now that you mention it I could sure use it for one. It was made to be a wall hanging. I bought Elenor Burns book E is Elementary and I think that is where that pattern came from. I saw her show again this week on PBS and she has a book called Star Spangled Quilts. She made a beautiful quilt with an eagle in the center and 3 gold stars above him and a striped border. I saved it on my DVR and when ever I buy the book I can watch it again. The eagles head was a little complicated to get his beak on right.

My friend makes cards with paper. She has Parkinson's disease and can't do much else anymore but here are a couple that are really beautiful. I think she might sell them on e-bay soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks..

Janstar,
    If you are looking for a ton of elk themed fabric, look on Equilter.com- I have fabric I have been getting from there and other places that has an all outdoor/ Northwoods theme to it. Their prices aren't too bad either.
    :?:

Janstar,

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check it out. I have been cleaning up my mess this morning and have a class tonight at Joann's. Did you see those paper cards my friend made? Here are some more. They are just gorgeous.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast