Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Can you keep a secret?......

I'd wait so you can add DOB and Name. I even put weight, length and time born on mine. Quilt if adorable. Congrats! I envy you. I don't have any Grand Children. Luckily, my sister shares hers with me. ENJOY!!

To my darling first grandchild. This was made in anticipation of your arrival. With all my love Grandma. And then the date of Mothers Day

Congrats! Nice quilt

Congrats on your first Grandchild, one of life's rewards. I made my oldest Grandson a Beatrix Potter quilt, different fabric, didn't know his sex back in 1988. His Mom - DD has it put away for him.
    Very pretty quilt. I would wait.

Congratulations!! Sweet quilt.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rob529
    Congratulations. We just had our first the 16th of Nov. My feet haven't touched the ground yet. He is perfect, of course. Also about a month ago, our son found out they are pregnant. She was told she would never have a child. They are in their mid 30's. It is a girl. We are over the moon. I know you are probably like me and have been waiting for this most of your life. It took me over 3 yrs to get pregnant so for a long while I thought I would never to able to be a Grandmother. People will tell you there is nothing like it but it is even so much more than that. There aren't words for it. So happy for you. Warning, you want to be making them something every minute you aren't with them.
    I'm already researching the web for free patterns for all kinds of baby stuff I could make, and my daughter's not even showing yet (although her pants are getting tight!).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katcincinnati
    To my darling first grandchild. This was made in anticipation of your arrival. With all my love Grandma. And then the date of Mothers Day
    What lovely wording!

Sweet, beautiful quilt. Congrats on your 1st grandchild. They are truly "grand".

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! Being a grandmother is just wonderful. Beautiful quilt!

I would do something along the lines of "For our first Grandchild. We loved before we met you"

Congratulations!!!

Gorgeous quilt! I'd put a regular label on the quilt only. I'm sure you'll be making more quilts when he/she gets here!
    Congrats!
    Blessings,
    MaryAnna

Senior Member Teapots and Quilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappy
    i would (and have done so) label it for the "new baby". it is special to have made it in anticipation, don't you think?
    I totally agree...it will let both your daughter and the baby (someday) know how much you are looking forward to his/her arrival. Enjoy! Oh...and the quilt is just beautiful!

That is so sweet!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teapots and Quilts
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappy
    i would (and have done so) label it for the "new baby". it is special to have made it in anticipation, don't you think?
    I totally agree...it will let both your daughter and the baby (someday) know how much you are looking forward to his/her arrival. Enjoy! Oh...and the quilt is just beautiful!
    And I know how much enjoyment my daughter will get out of handling and looking at the quilt between now and delivery!

That is such a precious quilt. Congrats on the baby

I would lable the quilt and write in the book.
    Maybe something from a proud grandma to her first grandchild? And no I can't keep a secret!

Cngratulations...your sentimental gift will really surprise her.

When my daughter was PG we called the babies names - ie Kamron was Pumpkin until he was born.... Keylynn was Rosebud until she was born. So if they are calling the baby something I would put that on the label to mom and ________
    Story time quilt. Beautiful little quilt and congrats grand kids are the best!

Many Congratulations!!! My husband and I are not there yet - but our oldest daughter is getting married in July. :-)

I think I would put a label on the quilt and write in the book, expressing your joy, excitement and anticipation for this new little life in your family!

PS - of course, I'll keep it a secret!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roserips
    When my daughter was PG we called the babies names - ie Kamron was Pumpkin until he was born.... Keylynn was Rosebud until she was born. So if they are calling the baby something I would put that on the label to mom and ________
    Story time quilt. Beautiful little quilt and congrats grand kids are the best!
    I like that idea.......

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolee
    No offense meant to anyone but as someone who had 6 miscarriages and a stillbirth, I have to disagree about not giving something before the baby is born. I had baby clothes given to me that I clung to and if I had had a quilt, it would have helped me so much and it would have been precious to me. As it was, the things I had were passed onto my first child. It is natural to give gifts before a baby is born, especially from Grammas, so I think you should celebrate the joy of the anticipation of this wonderful event without thinking, "Oh, maybe this baby won't survive." Be positive and enjoy being a pre-Gramma and just have a ball planning. This time you share with your children will be long-remembered. Just my opinion.
    I really appreciate your insights. It makes my decision about what to do much easier (since I have always had trouble waiting anyway!). My daughter and I are very close, and I think it would be a healing thing to have the quilt, even if something happened.

Wonderful news - congratulations. Spoil your daughter and grandbaby. I can so remember how special the 1st grandbaby was. Very special time in your life!
    I Love the quilt!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, beautiful quilt.

Blog Entries
    Well, after making 3 labels AND sewing them on the quilt and ripping them off again, I finally have the label I want on the quilt. Now I just need to figure out the wording in the front of the book. Actually there's a space for "This book belongs to...." which I shall leave blank until the baby is born. And at the top of the page I shall write in something like......

"To our precious little Bunnykin....we are holding you in our hearts until we can hold you in our arms. Mothers' Day 2011.
    Love from Grampa and Grammy"

Thanks to ALL of you for all your great ideas, and kind wishes!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Such a cute baby quilt!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast