Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: Can you keep a secret?......

I think that you have lots of time to make lots of gorgeous baby quilts. Try bright colors, and soft pastels, and everything else that makes you happy. Then when the ultra sound determines the gender, make more. There is no limit to how many quilts a grandma may want to make. I think that you only just learned of the new baby and you made this wonderful quilt. That is what you should write in the book, the truth.

Your quilt is adorable. I would wait untill its born and then write something special. The hardest part is the time you wait for that firstGC. I now have 4 Gc but I only get to see two as the others live in Ca, best of luck.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your help, quilting "sistahs"! I gave the Beatrix Potter quilt and book and a few other goodies, to my daughter and son-in-law on Mothers' Day. They loved it! :thumbup: C9P

Probably "mom" loved it more than "dad"
    Name:  Attachment-196394.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  41.5 KB

Beautiful. You could always address the baby as "Little One". That way it will be correct whether it is a boy or girl. Also the baby/child can feel it is a term of endearment as he/she grows up and can treasure a special name from Grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckninepatch
    I just found out a week ago yesterday that my daughter is expecting her first baby (our first grandchild!!). I have made a Beatrix Potter quilt to give her on Mothers' Day, along with a story book that contains all of Beatrix Potter's stories. I'm going to call the quilt "Sleepytime Story Quilt", but I 'm not sure if I should make the label, and write in the book, not knowing the baby's sex or name, or wait until he/she is born.

What do you think?..... The baby's not due until Nov. 2st.

Oops. guess I should have read the last page too. Didn't see it until I posted. Sorry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckninepatch
    Well, after making 3 labels AND sewing them on the quilt and ripping them off again, I finally have the label I want on the quilt. Now I just need to figure out the wording in the front of the book. Actually there's a space for "This book belongs to...." which I shall leave blank until the baby is born. And at the top of the page I shall write in something like......

"To our precious little Bunnykin....we are holding you in our hearts until we can hold you in our arms. Mothers' Day 2011.
    Love from Grampa and Grammy"

Thanks to ALL of you for all your great ideas, and kind wishes!!
    PERFECT! Your life will change in wonderful ways the day your precious grandbaby is born:) It actually already has! Look how excited you are!

A Mother's Day to remember........

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8