Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The Colorful Quilt >

The Colorful Quilt

The Colorful Quilt

Old 06-22-2010, 02:55 PM

If you go to my blog and scroll down this page that comes up...it may have a work up of cinco de mayo

http://coloratic.blogspot.com/search?q=cinco+de+mayo

Then go to march 2006 OMG the food I have posted ahahahahahah
Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 AM

Thank you Rosy!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 AM

I have finished section C except for the tiny star. I have the work up on my blog if you want to check it out. So far, so good lol. I know some parts look real dark but they are not really. I take these pic inside at night lol...when I get done I will one out side in the sun and you will really see the fabrics then.

This is the right side of the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88164[/ATTACH]

Reverse side how it fits on the map.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]88165[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-88159.jpe   attachment-88160.jpe  
Old 06-23-2010, 01:45 PM

Rosy it's spectacular!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:10 PM

Oh my it is going to be beautiful.I jusy went to your blog again you really are a mistress of all trade.Love the baby sweater .I have an old pattern that has a hood That I always make for the kids, but I like yours is it knitted on the round? Sandy :D
Old 06-23-2010, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by SandyMac
Oh my it is going to be beautiful.I jusy went to your blog again you really are a mistress of all trade.Love the baby sweater .I have an old pattern that has a hood That I always make for the kids, but I like yours is it knitted on the round? Sandy :D
I have just leaned to kint maybe a year now. I went to best to learn. Elizabeth Zimmerman. Well she is deceased but her dvd's are like the real thing. I bought her workshop books and the rest of the books she made and study and learn from those and her dvd's.

The sweater is in her book and Meg also demostrates the whole sweater on a dvd. I knitted along with her. It looks so complicated. It is made in one piece and then only two seams are sewed together. It's call the baby surprise sweater. There is an adult one now too. I could see this knitted in a lace pattern.

It's not knitted in the round. It is knitted as one single piece tho. It's amazing what a genious she was with the knitting. I love to knit in my quite times....
Old 06-24-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf
I have just leaned to kint maybe a year now. I went to best to learn. Elizabeth Zimmerman. Well she is deceased but her dvd's are like the real thing. I bought her workshop books and the rest of the books she made and study and learn from those and her dvd's.

The sweater is in her book and Meg also demostrates the whole sweater on a dvd. I knitted along with her. It looks so complicated. It is made in one piece and then only two seams are sewed together. It's call the baby surprise sweater. There is an adult one now too. I could see this knitted in a lace pattern.

It's not knitted in the round. It is knitted as one single piece tho. It's amazing what a genious she was with the knitting. I love to knit in my quite times....
Oh my word I have three of her books.I've had them for about 20 years I thought the sweater looked familar.To funny. :-D
Old 06-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rosyhf

IThe sweater is in her book and Meg also demostrates the whole sweater on a dvd. I knitted along with her. It looks so complicated. It is made in one piece and then only two seams are sewed together. It's call the baby surprise sweater. There is an adult one now too. I could see this knitted in a lace pattern.

Oh my word I have three of her books.I've had them for about 20 years I thought the sweater looked familar.To funny. :-D
I think that sweater with the hood is called the tomptem or somthing like that...
Old 06-25-2010, 09:41 AM

Mine isn't one of her patterns it's just a pattern I got from a friend years ago. I hadn't used it in years had to find it again for my first great grand daughter. :D
Old 07-18-2010, 03:01 PM

Wheeee, I have finished section D. I took about three weeks off to do other things, that didn't work my brains too much. I got a start on the Farmer's wilfe blocks.

Now I am going to see if I can go through with the rest of this quilt without taking a break, well, I will try.

The technique is all the same like the beginning. Make the pieces and then add them to the map.

Here is the section with the big circle ready for that big star but it can't be added yet until anoter section is done.

Then I pinned the big star in so you could see it.

Section D with circle ready for block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74602[/ATTACH]

close up of the red star on the bottom left
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74603[/ATTACH]

big block just pinned in circle for now
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74604[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74597.jpe   attachment-74598.jpe   attachment-74599.jpe