Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Disappointed >

Disappointed

Disappointed

Old 10-02-2011, 05:57 PM

I am sorry you are so disappointed. It's a shame after all of your hard work :(
Old 10-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Power Poster

When I rip, I use an eye brow shaper. It has a covered razor blade that has openings where the thread gets cut. It won't cut your fabric. It would be a good way to rip between the backing and the batting. And it is fast.

I am so sorry you are disappointed in the quilting. We put our hearts and souls into our work and we would like our quilters to enhance that work. Before you ever release your quilt top to another quilter, ask exactly how she or he intends to quilt it. Or have a suggestion for what you would like.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Muv
Why not just chuck it straight on your bed and use it to death? Have breakfast in bed as often as possible, laugh cheerfully when you get tea and marmalade on it, shrug off the butter marks as being the result of being dopey in the mornings, and give it a thorough washing twice a year. Before you know it you will have worn it out, and then you will realise how fond you were of it.
Funny!!!!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lotsapies
I agree-I think I'm at fault here for not telling her what I wanted in the first place. Basically I was happy with the quilt until I got it quilted. From now on I'll be more vocal in what I want. I didn't even look at it till I got it home.
I have a similar problem with hairdressers. I don't speak their language very well and have trouble putting into words what I want. I had a long conversation with my last hairdresser and basically asked her for tips and recommendations on how to communicate my needs better. I got some great feedback from her and have been a happy camper since. If you decide to try this LA again, have a talk with her and see if she can help you communicate your wishes more clearly. I think your quilt piecing and colors are lovely, but I'm not crazy about the panto quilt design. Still, I'd try putting it away for a spell and then pulling it out and seeing if you still want to rip it out before you go to all that work. Good luck!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:47 PM

I think it is a beautiful quilt!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:58 PM

[quote=LeslieFrost]
Originally Posted by Muv
Why not just chuck it straight on your bed and use it to death? Have breakfast in bed as often as possible, laugh cheerfully when you get tea and marmalade on it, shrug off the butter marks as being the result of being dopey in the mornings, and give it a thorough washing twice a year. Before you know it you will have worn it out, and then you will realise how fond you were of it.
Now that is a very positive way of handling this!! I love it!
Old 10-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Very pretty. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 PM

It's a shame you are disappointed but unless it's really awful, maybe it should just be a learning experience and you should find another LAQ. It's hard to see any problems from here.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:29 PM

The quilt is lovely but the quilting does not enhance it. I would take it out because you are never going to be happy with it the way it is if you are unhappy with it now.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:55 PM

Your piecing is beautiful. I really like it. I'll just add that pattern to my wish list of 'to do' list. Nice.

It's unfortunate that you are disappointed.