Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Dog Cabin! >

Dog Cabin!

Dog Cabin!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:32 PM

A warm fire and his own quilt, talk about being in dog Heaven...
Old 03-18-2009, 08:42 PM

QNC - you r 2 funny! We all do things like that to ourselves. It's probably better to just take a deep breath and count silently to 10! I know it's really hard, and I was there for the first 46 years of my marriage - actually sometimes wondered if we were going to make it! I don't know how I finally did it, but I'm driving my DH crazy by NOT ARGUING WITH HIM! Last summer I decided arguing/fighting was stupid and not worth it. He just stands there with a weird look on his face when I say,' I'm not going to argue.' There's no 'come back' to it.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
QNC - you r 2 funny! We all do things like that to ourselves. It's probably better to just take a deep breath and count silently to 10! I know it's really hard, and I was there for the first 46 years of my marriage - actually sometimes wondered if we were going to make it! I don't know how I finally did it, but I'm driving my DH crazy by NOT ARGUING WITH HIM! Last summer I decided arguing/fighting was stupid and not worth it. He just stands there with a weird look on his face when I say,' I'm not going to argue.' There's no 'come back' to it.
just saw this...Joanne, you should have seen my jaw drop!!! I decided the same thing at about the same time. Who knew it could be so much fun to see that look of bewilderment on their faces :shock: , when you calmly make a simple statement and walk away...and that's it. :wink:
Let's suffice it to say, hubby's on disability and just doesn't have the patience he used to :evil: . I'm grown and sometimes have to remind him. :?
I know, the eating thing was a tad passive-aggressive, but with my stomach? can't even remember last time I did something like that, probably two years. I'm not an emotional eater. I just had a hankering for something good and used that as an excuse.
It's all my brains fault, lol. It said, "gee, you really need to eat something, how bout going to the store and getting some donuts and chocolate milk?"...being just a bit irritated, I answered, "I can do that, I'm grown!" ...I forgot, why, I'm not supposed to do that, so adios, to the brown cow juice.
thanks for giving me the smile, and next time I do the I-am-not-going-to-argue-with-you technique, I'll think of you and smile again! :wink:
Old 08-07-2009, 11:07 AM

Just too too sweet...the little hearts just make it. And he obviously loves his quilt.....now I feel like a bad mommy...need to make my babies pet quilts also.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 AM

I just got a brand new wicker cat bed for $1 at a yard sale today, and am going to borrow your idea! lol!!!!! :D :D
Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 AM

Love the little hearts in the center of each block. You're nicer to your dog than I am. Mine just gets a blanket from the thrift store. :lol:
Old 08-07-2009, 11:58 AM

No dog hath a fancier and cozier bed! Lucky Doug!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:33 PM

mmm you've just given me an idea for my pooch....

lovely and the quilt :)

Loulou
Old 08-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I can see that he loves it. That is so cute. I made two for our dog Lieber some time back. You can see one of them in my avatar. It sure is amazing how much we love our animals and want to have them be comfortable. Good thing I don't have any horses or cows. A person could run out of fabric........
Old 08-08-2009, 06:39 AM

k3n - I too have the Janome MC 6600. Absolutely love it and what a breeze to use. Still haven't got the hang of automatic threader, but have no problem doing it the old way. Get a free class if you can. It will get you started. The gal I had, showed me al kinds of tricks and solutions. I bought the extra bobbins ( make sure you get the correct ones or it ill mess you up) and extra thread cones so I wouldn't have to make extra trips (150 miles) to sewing machine shop. The knee lift comes in very handy when quilting and turning. Oh, don't forget extra needles.
The accu feed is a dream. Now I can sew without worry on organza, silks, etc. Anyway, enjoy your new machine.