Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finally got eight points together... >

Finally got eight points together...

Finally got eight points together...

Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 PM

Hadn't planned on it. I know it is silly, but since I'm new to it all I often just find myself working on such things as a way of practice. Each time I try something I learn. My question on this one is why I get the little comma form in the intersections? I'm sure the answer sits somewhere between the loft, stitching and pressing. There must be an answer just waiting to be found. :D
Old 10-11-2007, 10:35 PM

You really did a good job Steve. If you cut all your pieces perfect, sew all your seams perfect, etc...then we'd probably all hate you. LOL just kidding! Practice is probably the best teacher.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Wonderful Job! I like the bold dark star, it shows up more dramatically! You did a great job on the points, and you should be very proud of this block! :D :D :D
Old 10-12-2007, 04:11 PM

I really like the star black and the background yellow!! It looks very manly!
Old 10-12-2007, 06:59 PM

Nice job Steve! :thumbup: All these, um, practice pieces will make a cool sampler quilt..... let me know when you're ready to ship it down to SoCal & I'll PM my address :mrgreen:
Old 10-13-2007, 02:10 PM

Steve, I find your remark inappropriate and offensive, as if God is worried about you or anybody being perfect. As far as the star, it's pretty good.

kathy
Old 10-14-2007, 06:43 AM

I agree with Kathy. I have been trying to figure out a way to say it for the past couple of days, without adding further insult to injury; Kathy summed it up perfectly!! Please keep comments like that to yourself, or at least off of this message board.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:51 AM

My husband really likes this one Steve, so much that he asked me the other day when am I gonna teach him how to do this one? I told him as soon as I learn :wink: . Its so much fun to having a shared interest!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 AM

I agree with your hubby, stars are cool. There is a neat book out called "Stars by Magic" by Nancy Johynson-Srebro that I got half priced over at Joanne's. It shows how to make a lot of nice stars from only squares and rectangles. I want to go through and do several to get the swing of things. She even gives instructions for a small lone star done in this manner.

I had a lady at work tell me her father quilted, and made excellent stars and compasses. She said he'd get about a half-inch to the center and then crank it by hand till he was about a half inch to the other side before continuing on letting the machine take its course. I'm planning on doing that next, after I get at least one of the projects done (sigh).
Old 10-16-2007, 11:03 AM

Thanks for the tip on the book. I'll have to see if I can find a copy. Unfortunately, we no longer have a Joanne's close by.
He's even been looking through my stash, for just the right color of golden yellow!! I'm really thrilled to death with his interest, I told him we should get his and her matching sewing machines!! :D