Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 68

Thread: The finished Christmas table runner

  1. #26
    Super Member kwiltkrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Mapleton, Oregon
    Posts
    5,925
    Blog Entries
    1
    Absolutely adorable

  2. #27
    Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,704
    Great Job! It is adorable!

  3. #28
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb G
    You did a great job, I like it alot.
    Do you recall where you got the fabric with the dots on it? I'd like to get some if I can locate it.
    ~Deb~
    Deb this fabric was from last year it was the companion fabric in the "I Believe" and I got it at this web site.
    http://www.quilt-kits-online.com/

  4. #29
    Super Member Teacup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,330
    Absolutely adorable! You did a wonderful job.

  5. #30
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by lisahughes0204
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyswings
    Thank you all so much, It was a fun one to do. Your compliments are very special to me because you are all such great quilters in your own right.
    Lisa, where do you live upstate? My DS and DDIL live in Long Island and my only sister lives in Ithaca. Boy does it get cold and snowy up there.
    We are coming into winter here. It does snow here but rarely, Mendoza, Argentina at the foot of the Andes mountains is here for me.
    My step-sis and brother are from Ithaca. I live much further north though. I live in a small town that's half-way between Syracuse and Watertown. 3 winters ago we were blessed with 12' of snow before the end of February, lol. It makes for many cozy winter days quilting indoors! =)
    Lisa I know that area, that is the "snow belt" of NYS. I stayed with my sister in Ithaca for almost a year and spent the winter there. Never thought I would make it through a winter there because of the the cold but I LOVED IT THERE. It is a dry cold and different from what I am use to in Long Island. I could live there so easily, I love the area and the people. It is also where, thanks to my sister, I learned to sew and quilt.

  6. #31
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
    What a labor of love!

    The "furry" effect of the stitching around Santa's beard and cuffs really caught my attention. Very nice touch!
    Thanks Nan, I appreciate the compliment.
    I made up the design myself. I have really gotten into machine quilting and am getting better with each project I do. I am not where I want to be but I am getting there.

  7. #32
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by annieshane
    Penny, this is such a festive quilt. I am sure your grands will enjoy this for many Christmases to come. Bet their eyes lit up when they saw this piece. Can't believe that soon we will be thinking about Christmas again.
    Thanks Annie, the boys did love it. That made me smile. They sat there trying to find all the different snowflakes to see if they could find an unusual one. It was a fun quilt to watch come together.

  8. #33
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Penny that is so cute! I love the expressions on the faces. And you must be the world's most organised woman to be THIS is advance for Christmas! :shock: :lol:
    K, thanks so much! Who me organized, there was a method to my madness. My DDIL told me after last Christmas that she wished that she had asked me for a tablerunner decorate the table at Chrismas time. So knowing I was going to visit them for my second grandson's 1st Holy Communion this month I set to work on this in February. I did not want to have to mail it from here as it costs so much, the last quilt I mailed cost me almost 75 USD. The cost aside I also got to see everyone's face when they saw the tablerunner. That alone was worth it. Still have to make a lable for the back which I will bring with me on my next trip and sew it on.

  9. #34
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by clem55
    the face on that reindeer is darling!!
    thanks clem this was a fun one to do.

  10. #35
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    I want to say thank you to each and everyone who took the time to send their compliments to me on this tablerunner. It is such an encouragement to me to see such a response to the things I do. I appreciate you all and it is one of the reasons I love this board. Each person loves the craft and we all appreciate and help each other. Thank you all again.

  11. #36
    Super Member Ps 150's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyswings
    Quote Originally Posted by lisahughes0204
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyswings
    Thank you all so much, It was a fun one to do. Your compliments are very special to me because you are all such great quilters in your own right.
    Lisa, where do you live upstate? My DS and DDIL live in Long Island and my only sister lives in Ithaca. Boy does it get cold and snowy up there.
    We are coming into winter here. It does snow here but rarely, Mendoza, Argentina at the foot of the Andes mountains is here for me.
    My step-sis and brother are from Ithaca. I live much further north though. I live in a small town that's half-way between Syracuse and Watertown. 3 winters ago we were blessed with 12' of snow before the end of February, lol. It makes for many cozy winter days quilting indoors! =)
    Lisa I know that area, that is the "snow belt" of NYS. I stayed with my sister in Ithaca for almost a year and spent the winter there. Never thought I would make it through a winter there because of the the cold but I LOVED IT THERE. It is a dry cold and different from what I am use to in Long Island. I could live there so easily, I love the area and the people. It is also where, thanks to my sister, I learned to sew and quilt.
    I'm quite partial to it but after a while the weather grates. But it's nice to have an excuse to stay in on a snowy day and get some quilting done.

  12. #37
    Super Member Joan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Pine Grove, California
    Posts
    2,846
    That is a darling runner.

    I also agree with you, these little grandkids grow up sooooo fast. I am trying to make use of the time when everything (like Christmas) is such fun!

  13. #38
    Super Member Fiber Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    2,006
    So cute!!!

  14. #39
    Super Member roseOfsharon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,501
    Blog Entries
    3
    *smiling* that is so cute!

  15. #40
    Senior Member Dorothy of Kansas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in my sewing room...
    Posts
    626
    Blog Entries
    7
    How adorable!!! :thumbup:

  16. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    796
    Toooo cute!!

  17. #42
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Daytona Beach Shores, FL
    Posts
    2,355
    Blog Entries
    1
    Did I mis something? I didn't see the whole runner, just parts. The parts are soooo cute.

  18. #43
    Power Poster dkabasketlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lakeland, Florida
    Posts
    10,215
    Such a great thing to think of the children when making something this table runner. They'll definitely have a lot of GOOD memories of this! Adorable!!

  19. #44
    dsj
    dsj is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    mid tennessee
    Posts
    496
    that is soooo cute, the santa is adorable. He will make everyone smile.

  20. #45
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    I love it!!! Those santa and reindeer are adorable!!!
    Good job :D:D:D

  21. #46
    Super Member Pat G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Western Arizona
    Posts
    1,907
    That is so very cute. You have put a lot of work into it & it's a real keeper.
    I see you use hair clips for holding your binding, too. I love using them.

  22. #47
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    That is so very cute. You have put a lot of work into it & it's a real keeper.
    I see you use hair clips for holding your binding, too. I love using them.
    Thanks Pat for the compliment. I love the quilt in your avatar.

    Yes I like using the hair clips too. They are a lot cheaper then the quilting clips they sell now and are really do the same exact thing.

  23. #48
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    Thanks all for the compliments and the time you took to write your thoughts.

  24. #49
    Super Member Pat G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Western Arizona
    Posts
    1,907
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyswings
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    That is so very cute. You have put a lot of work into it & it's a real keeper.
    I see you use hair clips for holding your binding, too. I love using them.
    Thanks Pat for the compliment. I love the quilt in your avatar.

    Yes I like using the hair clips too. They are a lot cheaper then the quilting clips they sell now and are really do the same exact thing.
    Penny, the quilt in my avatar is one I made just for myself. Awhile back the question came up if we ever make a quilt for ourselves. This is mine.

  25. #50
    Super Member pennyswings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(
    Posts
    1,578
    Pat, the quilt looks like a beauty. Did you ever post a picture of it on the board? I would love to see it up close.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.