Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
First quilt on the long arm >

First quilt on the long arm

First quilt on the long arm

Old 02-09-2010, 01:53 PM

Hi Pam, I've seen on another board, that you can use spring clamps to make up for not having the channel locks. Just something you might find interesting. Nice job with the panto, by the way. :thumbup:
Old 02-10-2010, 07:23 PM

That looks great for a first attempt. I am always interested in your projects as they are impressiveas well as inspiring. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-10-2010, 07:50 PM

No doubt, being the first quilt, the learning curve will be steep. But good for you and it really looks great! I wish I had one!
Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 AM

Thank you. :oops: It is going to take a LOT of practice. I have a couple of quilt tops drapped over the frame but haven't loaded one because I don't want to mess them up!

I need to go back over my tops and see what ones I think I could do now and not totally ruin. Probably a couple of jelly roll quilts that are done since they don't take a lot of work to make in the first place.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:06 AM

A number of months ago, I read an article in a quilt magazine, I believe it was written by Kawfee Fawcett ... (sp?) ... he was talking about a "muse" ...
basically, he was saying if you go to a task, pursue the accomplishment, even if you don't feel like you know what you are doing, "something" starts inputting information to your brain and you will find yourself being "led" toward a better product, activity.
You can see <g> by availing yourself of the tools at your disposal, your abilities and imagination will be enlarged in direct proportion to the amount of time you spend actually trying to accomplish something.
Don't you suppose? one of the reasons we keep moving on to the next quilt is because we learned something that intrigued us enough to keep trying something more?
I think you have done a good job on your first long-arm quilted masterpiece .. a grand job!
In time, you will find your own "voice" and then you will feel more comfortable working on just about anything ... <wave>