Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Getting organized in my sewing room >

Getting organized in my sewing room

Getting organized in my sewing room

Old 02-27-2010, 05:48 PM

That looks great, Carrie! What a well organized space you have now. Superb!
Old 02-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Now if I just had more room to work in. Oh well some day, I can always dream.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Google Goddess

Wow, I love your quilting room!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:48 PM

As I see your room, I thought, " thats about all my little ole' heart can handle" in wondering how I would ever want to leave that quilting room.. I dont even want to share photos of my little space, or the fabric stash I have - it makes me feel pretty sorrowful, because I see such beautfiful fabric in your stash, Eddy. But, I am not ashamed of what i do have, and I love to think my quilt projects for the pregnancy center are seen as beautiful, too. So here is the little bit I do have..
Photo 1 - old quilt magazines I found at an estate sale, mingled with a few quilt books, scrapbooking books, and my old " first love, Counted Cross stitching magazines. I can't do that hobby any more, but I can quilt my nose if I get to close to the needle!

Photo 2 is my shelf with what fabric I do have.. the purple container at the bottom of the shelf holds my scraps that become a work of art ( at least thats what I think anyway ).. To the right of the shelves, hold the quilt tops I have yet to hand tie ( can't afford to have them machine quilted , so I do the work with yarn and needle, haha ).. The basket holds threads, patterns I have printed out and stored in a notebook there..
Photo 3 - my best friend on difficult days where I need therapy to not cave into depression.. I love my simple sewing machine from Walmart..
Not much to show, but its where I find the greatest enjoyment when homebound on oxygen , or after healing from my heart surgeries. Thanks, Eddy , for getting me out of my rut tonight, and sharing what I do have, knowing others might not even have this much to show..
Attached Thumbnails attachment-95476.jpe   attachment-95477.jpe   attachment-95478.jpe  
Old 09-13-2010, 02:44 AM

[quote= Thanks, Eddy , for getting me out of my rut tonight, and sharing what I do have, knowing others might not even have this much to show..[/quote]

Glad you decided to show us your little space. And you're right -- it is more that many people have. It is so neat and peaceful-looking. I know you much spend many hours of enjoyment there. Those quilts on the shelf look very nice. Have we seen them yet?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 AM

Eddie..U r the Man!.......organization is what I need!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:07 AM

GailG.. thank you.. As for the quilts ready to be completed. I think you have seen them.. not sure about the prairie point baby quilt, so will go thru my posts here to find out. if I have't posted it, I will.. I will also go thru my files of completed ones over the last 2 years, and post them for everyone.. Have a good day, and thank you for making my 5 am wake up email an encouraging one today.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:29 AM

Eddie, your sewing room is fabulous. I couldn't help but notice the wooden chair you have in front of your glass-topped desk. It looks very similar to the one I have which belonged to my parents and was used when I was growing up in the 1940s. I'll try to post a picture of mine later if I can figure out how to do it. Beautiful room!
Old 09-13-2010, 04:37 AM

Eddie your room is really fabulous,,what machines do I see in the ackground,do you use juki.and when can you come to my house,, Just read what machines you use..sorry,,
Old 09-13-2010, 04:46 AM

Gosh, your room looks great. I may work on my room. I need to get organized more.