Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Getting organized in my sewing room >

Getting organized in my sewing room

Getting organized in my sewing room

Old 02-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thanks Gail,
(LOL)
You crack me up!! What is really sad is when you come in my apartment one of the first things you see is my sewing area. So sad. It seems like everybody just throws their stuff in there when they get home. Well I am done with that.
I actually have some fabrics that I am thinking about getting rid of cause I don't like to work with it. Some polyester, silky stuff and there is more. I don't know where it came from, I didn't buy it. This cleaning and organizing has given me a chance to see what all I have and don't want.
carrie
Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Thanks Gail,
(LOL)
You crack me up!! What is really sad is when you come in my apartment one of the first things you see is my sewing area. So sad. It seems like everybody just throws their stuff in there when they get home. Well I am done with that.
I actually have some fabrics that I am thinking about getting rid of cause I don't like to work with it. Some polyester, silky stuff and there is more. I don't know where it came from, I didn't buy it. This cleaning and organizing has given me a chance to see what all I have and don't want.
carrie
You don't know where that fabric came from?? I'll tell you where it probably came from-- someone was getting rid of it and gave it to you. Happens here all the time. A couple of years ago I brought all that "garment-type fabric" to a charity sale. I should have brought more -- namely the box of someone else's scraps.

Well, my sewing room is in the back of the house, but when I want to clear out an area in the "living part" of the house, I bring it to the back. Did that today. Had someone coming to order a wedding cake and I had boxes full of things from the cabinets .....oh, that's a very long story. Let's just say I dragged those boxes into the sewing room. When I stop and think about it, I'm really a housekeeping slob. Life is too short to worry about some of those things.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:20 PM

Eddie, do you have a "before" picture? Just wondered because this room is absolutely fantastic and curious about before. Wish mine looked this organized.

JOY
Old 02-24-2010, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by butterjoy
Eddie, do you have a "before" picture? Just wondered because this room is absolutely fantastic and curious about before. Wish mine looked this organized.

JOY
Actually, I do. Here's a pic of the room from last summer when I was just starting out quilting. It looked rather sparse back then! My daughter and I have since switched locations, more tables brought it, pegboard hung, etc.

"After"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19405[/ATTACH]

"Before"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19640[/ATTACH]

"After"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]19643[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-19405.jpe   attachment-19640.jpe   attachment-19643.jpe  
Old 02-25-2010, 05:57 AM

Actually, I do. Here's a pic of the room from last summer when I was just starting out quilting. It looked rather sparse back then! My daughter and I have since switched locations, more tables brought it, pegboard hung, etc.[/quote]

This is a fantastic job! I hope to build a new sewing room this summer and have lots of space for my "stuff". thank you for show me the pictures.
JOY
Old 02-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Eddie
I've spent the last couple of days working on getting organized in my sewing room. I went by the LQS and got a few dozen of their empty cardboard fabric bolts, which they were only too glad to let me have. :) Now I can see all my yardage easily and it's much easier to roll of the bolt and cut. Smaller yardages are in plastic bins, along with jelly rolls and layer cakes.

Towards the back of the room you can see my sewing machine on the tables in the foreground, and my embroidery machine on the table in against the back wall. It feels good to be organized!

So, show us pics of your room, too. I always like seeing how others organize their workspace.

Ok eddie you gave me the motivation to get it done. My sewing area is cleaned and organized.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-22262.jpe   attachment-22708.jpe   attachment-22709.jpe   attachment-22710.jpe  
Old 02-27-2010, 12:57 PM

Well Carrie, I'm impressed. What did you use to roll the fabric?
It really looks nice. Congratulations!
Old 02-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GailG
Well Carrie, I'm impressed. What did you use to roll the fabric?
It really looks nice. Congratulations!
Thank You. Now only you get the booby prize. Lol
I bought foam boards from dollar tree and stole empty bolt holders from Wm then cut them to size. I got 6 boards from each foam board and 2 from the bolt holders. Took me 4 days to get it all done.
after it was done I felt the urge to do some sewing so I finished my kitchen curtains.
I am so glad it is finally done. :lol:
Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 PM

What kind of foam boards did you buy?
Karen
Old 02-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by karensue
What kind of foam boards did you buy?
Karen
As far as the brand I have no idea. All I can say is that the foamboards had paper on the outside. There was only 1 kind at dollar tree. I have seen them more expensive at WM.