Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric

Quote Originally Posted by AKDaffyodil
    All of your OBW's are so pretty!! I've wanted to do one for a long time, but I'm intimidated by it. It just looks so hard.
    Love all your quilts!!
    Don't be afraid of OBW's! They are really very easy and go together very fast. Deciding on your final arrangement will prob. take the longest chunk of time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    OK Gai has already had a sneaky peek at the applique and it won't be attached fully til the thing is quilted so I guess I'll give a sneak peek here too. The butterfly is appliqued to fusible batting and interfacing and is just pinned on at the moment. I'll sew it on by hand after it's quilted. The caterpillar is getting embroidered antennae, beady eyes, seed bead legs and little black beady feet - but again, when it's quilted. He's going to be gazing wistfully up at the butterfly, wishing he were that lovely! :mrgreen: I'm calling it 'Metamorphosis' :D
    Guess I forgot to comment :oops:

I absolutely LOVE those appliques! They are so beautiful and I love the name :thumbup:

Can't wait to see it all completed :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    I thought you might enjoy seeing the OBW cousin, Kaleidi. This is the quilt I'm making for my niece. My floral master quilt is going to her mom, my sister :)

My purple blender is almost taking over the focal print. I'm still learning when it comes to putting color values together :?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Come on now! k3n wasn't the only one making one of these...where's everybody elses? :)

I'm still trying to find that material.

love the jewel tones in this going to be beautiful when finished

Still trying to find time to cut them.working full time and long arm quilting when I get home.yikes busy season...

Well, I finally finished the OBW top I was working on using the Oriental Fabric. Thought I'd post two pics here. I'll post better pics after it is quilted and bound. I think Julie made one using this fabric also.
    Linda

Rie
    Blog Entries
    that is soo nice

I love how you put the row of blocks across the bottom isolated in the black. Great idea!

Quilty. your quilt is lovely. The row of isolated blocks is different. Love how it all turned out.

That is really cool!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltykitty
    Well, I finally finished the OBW top I was working on using the Oriental Fabric. Thought I'd post two pics here. I'll post better pics after it is quilted and bound. I think Julie made one using this fabric also.
    Linda
    That turned out absolutely lovely! I haven't finshed my quilt. I have done the hexes but I still need to border it and quilt it. I didnt think to get extra fabric so i have about a 1/2 yard that I will probably put on one back corner or something like that.

Yours really is awesome and I love the cubes and all the different details :thumbup:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtapp9
    Come on now! k3n wasn't the only one making one of these...where's everybody elses? :)
    I've just got the wadding (batting) for mine and am ready to quilt, once I've got a couple of other projects out of the way. Meanwhile, it's great to keep this thread alive with the occasional pic of another OBW - Julie and quiltykitty, those are both beautiful. :-D

I finally got time to sew my rows together. So I am posting my progress picture.

I also have a question...do you cut the excess off now...those little ears so it reduces the bulk a little or doesn't it make enough difference?

I need to shop for some border fabric. I don't have enough left over to use as a border as I hoped to do.

Its so gorgeous and I am still planning on doing mine got it 1/2 cut but all of a sudden I got a bunch of quilts to quilt,,,so it has to wait a bit...yours is gorgeous!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasureit
    I finally got time to sew my rows together. So I am posting my progress picture.

I also have a question...do you cut the excess off now...those little ears so it reduces the bulk a little or doesn't it make enough difference?

I need to shop for some border fabric. I don't have enough left over to use as a border as I hoped to do.
    That turned out really pretty so far!!!!

It's really beautiful, great block placement!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Elaine that is fabulous! Re the dog ears, I don't bother cutting mine off. Except the ones that get sliced when I'm trimming the pointy bits top and bottom to square up.

i just rec'd my fabric to do my obw.. i had some different material months ago and did not like the results.. i think this is going to work....

Colleen, I think that will be stunning. Nice choice.

ty very much.. i am hoping so too !

I wish I wasn't such a chicken with this. I would love to do one. Just can't seem to get this.....which is frustrating as I am sure once I do it, it will seem so easy. Woner why I have the mental block? (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    I wish I wasn't such a chicken with this. I would love to do one. Just can't seem to get this.....which is frustrating as I am sure once I do it, it will seem so easy. Woner why I have the mental block? (no pun intended)
    i have seen your work and i am sure if you had the book you could do this..
    after i purchased the book it all seemed to go together with the help of the board for questions.. I just didn't like my first fabric choice so I didn't continue on with that one.. this one I am more excited about.. once you get that fabric cut and lined up its a breeze..
    COME ON.. YOU CAN DO IT.. i haven't cut this fabric yet.. maybe later today i will ... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Do you have the book Deb? It really isnt difficult with the book, the illustrations and instructions are just so clear. You will be surprised how easy you find it to do one.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 ... LastLast