Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daisey
    Ok I went to Joannes and ordered my fabric...I got lucky it wasnt on sale so I used my 50 percent off coupon and got the whole bolt for 29.00 which included the tax! These are my colors...jewel tones so I am very happy you all told me how ro order it! I may work on my unfinished whack and stack while I am waiting...I forgot to ask how long it takes...uh oh
    Daisey I'm glad that you got it ordered, mine took less than a week.

I should have been original but its such gorgeous fabric! We should all post our finished quilts...Cool!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I havent got to the part in the book about how you sew the blocks together when they are all sewn into the hexagon blocks. it looks confusing since I have never done hexagons and stuff..I guess I will learn...I like a beautiful challenge!
    Fear not Daisey - it's just straight seams. :-D

I read the rest of book last night and It will be pretty easy I just may have to make a design wall to make sure they dont get mixed up. I am going to try and finish my stack and whack while I am waiting for my fabric...it shows so many types of fabrics some dont even have big prints ect,,,I may have to try a few of these...the octagons look cool but not sure how you sew the little squares on them and they really didnt explain it well,,That small square piece that fills the hole is kind of confusing. Anyway I will do hexagon for now.

Blog Entries
    So cool.

I read the rest of book last night and It will be pretty easy I just may have to make a design wall to make sure they dont get mixed up. I am going to try and finish my stack and whack while I am waiting for my fabric...it shows so many types of fabrics some dont even have big prints ect,,,I may have to try a few of these...the octagons look cool but not sure how you sew the little squares on them and they really didnt explain it well,,That small square piece that fills the hole is kind of confusing. Anyway I will do hexagon for now.
    I've made 4 hexagon OBW's. I have not yet done an octagon OBW. I'd say start with the hexagon OBW and then go from there.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    A design wall is VERY useful - mine is a queen size pack of Quilters Dream Blend batting staple gunned to a length of timber top and bottom and screwed to the wall at the top. The bottom just hangs - the wood is just a bit of weight to keep it straight, I've heard others use curtain weights too. I know ppl who manage withe laying out on the floor but I think if you have the room for a design wall, it's great to be able to stand back and look as you're working. And from the sound of you, this won't be your last, so it will be a good investment! :lol:

I haven't made an octagon either - it just doesn't appeal to me to fiddle about with the square thingies. Also, I think you 'see' the blocks more in the octagons, I prefer the more seamless look of the hexes. Just my personal taste. :-D

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys, I just wanted to let y'all know that I bought a bunch of this fabric, and if any of you want some, I'll be happy to sell some to you. Just PM me.

I went kind of a cheap way and bought a table cloth with that flannel feeling stuff on the back...then used that flannel side to place my hexagons on...they do stick..but I still use one pin to hold them in place :)

Blog Entries
    I have a small portable design "wall". Its just a 24" sq if heavy cardboard covered...stapled ..in flannel. Nice for doing small blocks & easy to move around.

Here's some blocks.They don't grab me, but will prob finish them....one of these days. :D
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like them!

that is going to be fun to watch

Blog Entries
    It's not on Joann's web site. To bad, I would have liked to join in the fun

I ordered a bolt on page 8 one of the girls posted it...If you want I can order you a bolt ot just whatever yardage...you can pay me and I will have sent to you if you. If want me to check into it tomorrow, I know there is another 50 perecnt coupon out now so if its not on sale you could use that too!

Well girls, I will not be able to join in. I am back from out of town but my daughters step mother died after a year and a half bout with brain cancer and I am very close to their daughter also. She was only 53yrs old. Please remember the family in your prayers
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Woo Hoo, I was able to get the fabric from a board member (bless her) so I will join in this wonderful experiment.

Beautifly done. I am very impressed. It will be beautiful.

great fabric for a obw

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    It turns out that a few of us on the Board have got this fabric to make a One Block Wonder quilt so we thought it would be fun to post our progress all together on one thread! The fabric is called Floral Master and is by Springs Creative Products. Gaigai sent me mine but I think it's from JoAnns if anyone else feels like getting some and joining in. Correct me if I'm wrong someone!

Anyway, for those who don't know, a One Block Wonder or OBW is a kind of kaleidcoscope quilt similar to stack n whack. There is a Topic List here on the board and a brief description about them with details of the books here http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual_section_list.jsp

I think we'll all be using the technique from the One Block Wonder books by Maxine Rosenthal. See my link above for more info.

So far it's me, imjustme and NUTMEG10 who are taking part plus nena in a couple of weeks. I know another lady has the fabric and I'm waiting to hear from her. Meanwhile, here's a pic of the fabric and my first blocks. Looking forward to seeing pics here on this thread from the other ppl with this fabric. It will be interesting to see the differences as we go along! :-D
    K, gorgeous! Do you fussy cut? These are so perfect.

Gaigai:

I would love to have 5 yds of the Floral Master Fabric. How will I go about getting it and paying you? I am very new but not young!! I'll be watching for your reply.My user name is sweetbabyjane from North Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by nena
    Well girls, I will not be able to join in. I am back from out of town but my daughters step mother died after a year and a half bout with brain cancer and I am very close to their daughter also. She was only 53yrs old. Please remember the family in your prayers
    Thanks
    I'm so sorry for your families loss. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Blog Entries
    I won't be able to join as none of our local shops have any of this fabric. Ohh well...I will watch and keep my eyes open for my own perfect OBW fabric. Can't wait to see all the great quilts that will be made from this one fabric!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftyone27
    I won't be able to join as none of our local shops have any of this fabric. Ohh well...I will watch and keep my eyes open for my own perfect OBW fabric. Can't wait to see all the great quilts that will be made from this one fabric!
    A couple of ladies above have posted that they have or can get some fabric. Maybe try sending them a PM? :-D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Anyway, for those who don't know, a One Block Wonder or OBW is a kind of kaleidcoscope quilt similar to stack n whack. There is a Topic List here on the board and a brief description about them with details of the books here http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual_section_list.jsp

I think we'll all be using the technique from the One Block Wonder books by Maxine Rosenthal. See my link above for more info.
    K, gorgeous! Do you fussy cut? These are so perfect.[/quote]

Thank you. No fussy cutting with this method. :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plainpat
    I have a small portable design "wall". Its just a 24" sq if heavy cardboard covered...stapled ..in flannel. Nice for doing small blocks & easy to move around.

Here's some blocks.They don't grab me, but will prob finish them....one of these days. :D
    I love them Pat - I see some that are unlike the ones I got. But I sense you're not so keen on them... they really will look good once they're all laid out. :-D :-D :-D

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast