Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric

I love stack-n-whack quilts! I saw that fabric the other day, and almost bought it. I can't wait to see when you're finished!

Blog Entries
    Was the Floral Master fabric 6.99 a 30% off deal. Going to Joann's before the BIG storm hits! Forget the bread and milk!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat P
    Was the Floral Master fabric 6.99 a 30% off deal. Going to Joann's before the BIG storm hits! Forget the bread and milk!!
    I think so. I only got 10% off on mine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat P
    Mine was a special order and I only paid $4.19 a yard.

I also got lucky ans it want on sale so I did a special order busing a 50% off coupon...3.50 a yard..I lucked out!

Blog Entries
    didn't get the floral master but got a Keepsake calico brand with a 12 inch repeat. Got my book down the road will need HELP HELP HELP. wILL TRY AND POST PICS OF THE FABRIC.

We can all help each other it will be a 1st for me too...cant wait to see the fabric!

I looked all over online and did not find this fabric. We don't have a Joanns. Does anyone know where I can order some?

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    I looked all over online and did not find this fabric. We don't have a Joanns. Does anyone know where I can order some?
    gaigai had some to sell - don't know if she has any left... she might be working but you could try a PM. :-D

A friend and I bought this fabric yesterday at Hancock's. We each got 3 1/2 yards since they had only 7 yards left. Glad to read on this thread that there are no Y seams. Even though I don't understand how there's not any. Plan to order the book soon so I can be a part of this ADVENTURE!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonnie2
    A friend and I bought this fabric yesterday at Hancock's. We each got 3 1/2 yards since they had only 7 yards left. Glad to read on this thread that there are no Y seams. Even though I don't understand how there's not any. Plan to order the book soon so I can be a part of this ADVENTURE!
    The hexes are pieced in strips - when you get the book it will al become clear! :-D

That is awesome and is on my list to try, you all make it seem so easy and I know it will be lots of fun!!

Where did you find it? I need to get it from an online store.

Blog Entries
    A few people on this blog say they have extra to share. Page back and you will find them

Blog Entries
    Come on you guys....somebody needs to get sewing...I wanna see some hexes!!! :lol:!!!

Its going to be awhile for me I dont even have the fabric yet. I am doing another class on Super Bowl Sunday...then I can start my next UFO! LOL

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickylsf
    Where did you find it? I need to get it from an online store.
    If you mean the book Nicky, try Amazon.com :-D

Patti I'm on it!

Daisey, you crack me up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I better call Joannes...I want my fabric! Bummer

Blog Entries
    I did a OBW class with the book a few years ago. I still have the stack of half hexagons pinned together! When i started I was pretty excited about the method. I picked out a really pretty asian print with light green and cream backgrounds and red/black/gold designs. It turned out some really pretty blocks! My biggest problem is that I don't have a design wall. I don't have a floor I can lay them out on. So I can't visualize the quilt. I tried to start on it not very long ago (finishing up some UFO's) and did a piece of a strip. Then just took it apart a few days ago.

I read somewhere on here where someone took the whole hexagon and sewed another triangle piece to 2 opposite corners. This made it a block. Not square but kind of parralelagram shaped. I'm really considering doing this just so I can finish it and put it to use. I hate still having it laying around years later.

I was really excited when I started it, but man have I lost my interest. Part of me really wants to finish it the way it was started...and another part JUST WANTS IT DONE! :)

Your beautiful fabric and blocks might be inspiring me...lol

Edited to add: I probably have close to 100 blocks! I bought a 24" repeat and the teacher forgot to tell us if the repeat was large we could buy less fabric...lol. I had a king size bed at the time so I went ahead and cut a ton.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jtapp9
    I did a OBW class with the book a few years ago. I still have the stack of half hexagons pinned together! When i started I was pretty excited about the method. I picked out a really pretty asian print with light green and cream backgrounds and red/black/gold designs. It turned out some really pretty blocks! My biggest problem is that I don't have a design wall. I don't have a floor I can lay them out on. So I can't visualize the quilt. I tried to start on it not very long ago (finishing up some UFO's) and did a piece of a strip. Then just took it apart a few days ago.

I read somewhere on here where someone took the whole hexagon and sewed another triangle piece to 2 opposite corners. This made it a block. Not square but kind of parralelagram shaped. I'm really considering doing this just so I can finish it and put it to use. I hate still having it laying around years later.

I was really excited when I started it, but man have I lost my interest. Part of me really wants to finish it the way it was started...and another part JUST WANTS IT DONE! :)

Your beautiful fabric and blocks might be inspiring me...lol

Edited to add: I probably have close to 100 blocks! I bought a 24" repeat and the teacher forgot to tell us if the repeat was large we could buy less fabric...lol. I had a king size bed at the time so I went ahead and cut a ton.
    That's a shame! I know some ppl hang up a cheap plastic table cloth, flannel side out and blocks stick to that. My wall is just a queen size batt stapled to a length of timber and screwed to the wall. Didn't cost much. If you don't have the wall space, could you rig something up that you can put up and take down? Kind of like a roller blind maybe? Just a thought - I hate to think of your poor neglected OBW! :-( :lol: :-D

jtapp, all I have for a design wall is 2 plastic tablecloths with the flannel-like backs that I picked up at the thrift store for 50 cents each. They also have them at most dollar stores. I use 3 skirt hangers with the clips on them to pinch the tops of the table cloths, one on each end and one in the center to hold the two together. I hook the hangers over screws my DH put into the back hallway for me, but you could also hook them onto a window or closet door. When I am not using them I can fold them up out of the way, or just leave them up unless we have company coming as it's really not in the way back there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n

- I hate to think of your poor neglected OBW! :-( :lol: :-D

Me too. That's why i havent ruled out adding the triangle to two opposite corners method. Not exactly the same thing but I would still come out with a pretty darned nice quilt!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard
    jtapp, all I have for a design wall is 2 plastic tablecloths with the flannel-like backs that I picked up at the thrift store for 50 cents each. They also have them at most dollar stores. I use 3 skirt hangers with the clips on them to pinch the tops of the table cloths, one on each end and one in the center to hold the two together. I hook the hangers over screws my DH put into the back hallway for me, but you could also hook them onto a window or closet door. When I am not using them I can fold them up out of the way, or just leave them up unless we have company coming as it's really not in the way back there.
    I've actually thought of doing this before! I usually think of it during the day then forget by the time I get home :oops: I think I still have a new tablecloth that I could switch out for the old one on my table (call me cheap..lol)

Ok, I think I'm going to make a wall tonight! Maybe I will show you some of my blocks :)

Blog Entries
    actually you can put a triangle on all four corners and make a square. Thats what I did, and I really like the look
    Attached Images Attached Images

jtapp Ok, I think I'm going to make a wall tonight! Maybe I will show you some of my blocks :)

Ohhhhhhhhh, please do show us your blocks!!!! We are waiting with high anticipation!!!

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast