Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Help me with my 10 minute block >

Help me with my 10 minute block

Help me with my 10 minute block

Old 05-29-2011, 05:16 PM

It turned out fabulous! WIll be even more so when it is quilted. Glad you left out the extra piece, I thought it took away from the design.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:16 PM
vic

Love It!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lucky
I love how this turned out. Do I get it right that you added the colored piece inside the cream after the block was sewn together but before you rolled the cream over to make the window?
Yes, you understand correctly. Go for it, it wasn't as hard as it looks, but I won't tell my granddaughter that.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ariannaquilts
I just absolutely love the way the quilt turned out everything about it is beautiful. Seems like you finished the top quickly mind me asking how long it took to make the completed top?
I work part time, and now that summer ?? is here, I have 2 yards to mow, 1 hour for one and 4 hours for the other, and that is using a rider with a 30 inch deck, so I worked on it for about a month to get to this point. Now I have to tuck it away, because a granddaughter is coming in a week, to work on a quilt. I have had each grandchild, when they turn 13, stay a week with me, and we do some intense sewing. I do have all the cutting done, and she will sew, and I will press and keep her on track. I only have one more granddaughter after her, and I have really gotten to know them during this time.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:09 PM

Thank you. I have made the 10 minute block in baby quilts to experiment with it. I am getting much better and each quilt is getting a little better but I hadn't put in a different colored center, had thought about it but didn't know for sure that it would work, not that I could see that it wouldn't work. Thanks for doing my next trial quilt for me.
I love the colors of your quilt and the lay out. Thanks for sharing it. I'll watch to see how you quilt it. Please post a picture of it when it is quilted.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:05 AM

I have been debating making this my next quilt, well after seeing yours it is already in the cutting stages. I hope that I can capture the essence of yours especially since my colors are so different. Will have to see how it goes I am really impressed with your finished block size, I was just going to make it 10" like the designer said to get it done quickly, now not so sure.
I love what you do with your grandchildren it's so awesome, mine are to young (and boys) and the older ones are too busy with life. My 13 y.o. grandson is too busy with sports and his friend now.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:15 AM

I like i better without. Lovely colors. Be sure to post a pic when you're finished.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell
I really really like it with the extra window. It breaks up the symetry of the quilt and adds alot of texture to the design.
I say go for it.
Robert
You da man! I second what he said!
Old 06-02-2011, 11:04 AM

Spartanquilter, I love how your quilt turned out. I especially like the "Trip Around the World" setting you chose. I'm quite certain that this will be well loved!!! This technique is definitely on my list of 'to-dos'...I think I may put a tiny diamond in between the finished blocks or even randomly (who knows), just to give it a little zing...that's just me, I always had a hard time playing by the rules! LOL
Old 07-08-2011, 04:42 AM

yes, there are more 10 minute blocks, on "You Tube" there is video's you can watch. I just ordered the "10 minute book". Go to amazon.com and look in their books for it by "search". It has about 10 blocks in it I think, don't have it right here to check for you. I usaually order their used books because they are always in excellent condition. Each vender discribes the condition of the used books so check them all out too.
Good luck,
Shirley/Tn.
(jigs1354 on the board)