Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Help w/color for FWSQ sashing, pix on pgs. 1 & 3 >

Help w/color for FWSQ sashing, pix on pgs. 1 & 3

Help w/color for FWSQ sashing, pix on pgs. 1 & 3

Old 10-21-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by carhop
I sorry but all the dots and stripes with the blue doted backround make my eyes go catawampus I would opt for a green only a little lighter
The only option shown so far that would be the actual fabric is the dark green. It looked right when I took the blocks shopping at the store, but when laid it out at home didn't feel quite right. All the other colors I've thrown out there are just representational using fabrics I already have. None of them would be the actual fabric. I don't want to go out and spend $ again until I really get it right this time. Guess I should have turned that blue and the green plaid over and used the back of them for the pictures instead. Sorry for the confusion.

:oops: :oops:
Old 11-04-2010, 07:51 PM

I like the blue that you have, especially if you are looking for that cool , crisp airy look. :thumbup:
Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 PM

Love the green that looks black so what about black...one of my favorite colors....makes every thing look good....so classy!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:08 AM

blue
Old 11-05-2010, 04:15 AM

Out of them all, I like the blue the best. Im suprised that it looks so good with the blue, I thought for sure green or brown would be better, but once I saw it, I really liked it
Old 11-18-2010, 10:40 AM

Sometimes I think I know what I want, but am pleasantly surprised when something else unexpectedly pops up. So it was with the sashing choice. I thought I wanted light and airy, but after trying 1/2 a dozen different options, this medium beige struck me as being right. But with the cream cornerstones I'd originally planned on, everything was flat and lifeless. So I put the deep green as cornerstones (same green as in my first sashing option photo), and there it was. I took a sigh and thought, "It's complete."

Thank you everyone for your input and opinions. They really led me in a direction I hadn't considered before and I appreciate your help! :-D
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128984.jpe  
Old 11-18-2010, 10:44 AM
BMP

I like the darker, like the previuos stated it makes it pop
Old 11-18-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by BMP
I like the darker, like the previuos stated it makes it pop
Thanks. Earthwalker had commented that the dark backgrounds make the blocks stand out as individuals and the lighter backgrounds allow you to read the work as a whole. Her input was very helpful in that I came to realize that reading the work as a whole is very important to me for this quilt. With 111 different blocks, having them pop out individually will be too much for me to take in visually . . . I'm afraid it will be way too busy of a look. I love dramatic quilts, but need a softer, more cohesive look for this one.