Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hubby thinks he's doomed. >

Hubby thinks he's doomed.

Hubby thinks he's doomed.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:02 PM

Where does a person buy bubble jet? Like at a stationary and computer store, or a fabric store, or somewhere like wal-mart? How expensive is it?
Old 04-20-2009, 07:24 AM

Dosnt hubby own the garage?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:03 AM

Tell hubby he can have the garage, and the rest of the house is pretty much yours...that's the way it's been for milenia before he came around and if it's good enough for our "make the wheel"ancestors, it should be good enough for him! LOL
Old 04-20-2009, 09:14 AM

okay ... here is the deal!

As long as you are in the house, on the property, and NOT headed to the car for a "quick trip" ... he is saving money! As long as he is saving money, how can he protest that the only place left to sit is his easy chair?

He is such a GOOD provider! May his tribe increase! <g>
Old 04-20-2009, 12:21 PM

You guys are quite creative in all aspects of life! LOL

Had a friend around to sew last night, we alternate one week here, one week at her place. And while hubby was hiding out in the garage he made us both a 12 1/2 inch square, and a 6 1/2 inch square out of perspex.

The best thing he's ever done though.... I bought some buttons for a project, five rather small buttons, and they were in a tiny paper bag. When I got home from the store I decided to clean the car out before going inside, and accidentally threw the little bag out.
When I went to finish my project, and realised the buttons were missing I was so gutted. There was no way I was fishing through the rubbish bin, and the store was closed for the weekend. While I was inside having a wee tanty, hubby went out and went through all the rubbish and found the tiny little paper bag with five tiny little buttons in it.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

Your hubby is a sweetie to go through the trash for you!!!!! :D :D :D How nice that he made you both squares....a keeper for sure :D :D :D
Old 04-20-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Barb M
Where does a person buy bubble jet? Like at a stationary and computer store, or a fabric store, or somewhere like wal-mart? How expensive is it?
i don't know the kind of store that BC got hers in, but i got mine in a LQS.

i don't remember how much it cost. i do remember that it wasn't INexpensive. but i have seen it in catalogues and online. you might be able to find it at a better price discounted somewhere. if you search, i'm sure you could find information on how to use and maybe where to find.

i just tried it. if you pop in bubble jet.com, there are loads of sites with info.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM

Thanks butterfly...i will google it to give me a better idea, im thinking now that the fabric sheets i bought will work for my labels :)
Old 04-20-2009, 06:47 PM

someone posted that , i think yesterday, and said that the ink washed out of the labels. check back on this thread.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:36 PM

The bubble jet sets the ink jet into the fabric. After following the directions, the next step is to soak the printed fabric in a - - I forget what it's called .... shoot! and, now I can't find it ... but there was a liquid that I had to soak it in after it got printed on ... and that adhered the ink to the fabric threads.
I made 250 totes for a gavel passing event perhaps two years ago ... the logo was huge! a full sheet size of a cowboy on a rearing horse ... you get the picture <g> ... anyway, they are holding up very well, and we all know how totes get used. May even be washed more than a quilt, to be sure, eh?