Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I beat the deadline!  My quilt is in the contest! >

I beat the deadline! My quilt is in the contest!

I beat the deadline! My quilt is in the contest!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Power Poster

That turned out great! :thumbup: Good luck, I hope you win. Let us know.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by grammatjr
Originally Posted by CAS49OR
They will be so happy to have more space, and less shared space! I think it's a great idea for them to be done individually. You are a wonderful Grandma! Can you share the pics of the kids that you might do? That keepsake can go with them when they grow up! (They won't have to live together forever that way, lol.) How old are they now?
I need to get a current photo to use, but plan to have photos similar to the ones below, which are 3 years old. But, I want a good close up. I have already told my daughter (professional photographer) that I want new pics for this project.

Currently the oldest boy is 12, the youngest boy is 5. They will be in one room. The oldest girls are 11 & 10, they will share a room. The youngest girls are 6 1/2 & 8 1/2, they will be in the new room.

Wow, sorry these are so large!
WOW! Your grandchildren are so beautiful! I thought it was just the four girls. What happens to the boys with the remodel? You are really taking on a wonderful project! They will have the quilts to love and treasure their whole life, no matter where they go!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:07 PM

WOW! Your grandchildren are so beautiful! I thought it was just the four girls. What happens to the boys with the remodel? You are really taking on a wonderful project! They will have the quilts to love and treasure their whole life, no matter where they go!
Currently, there are 2 bedrooms whose doors are face to face, then a family room to the side of the boys room.

In the remodel, the boys will move to the other old room (where curretnly all 4 girls sleep), then part of the wall between the boys old room, and the family room will be torn out so there is an access door between the 2 rooms, and these 2 rooms will be the girl's rooms. Each with their own hall door, but also with the door connecting (or denying little sisters access) to each others' rooms.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:11 PM

Currently, there are 2 bedrooms whose doors are face to face, then a family room to the side of the boys room.

In the remodel, the boys will move to the other old room (where curretnly all 4 girls sleep), then part of the wall between the boys old room, and the family room will be torn out so there is an access door between the 2 rooms, and these 2 rooms will be the girl's rooms. Each with their own hall door, but also with the door connecting (or denying little sisters access) to each others' rooms.
sounds great, hard to visualize.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:18 PM

Good Luck
Old 08-04-2011, 12:28 PM

Here is a sketch. The two girls rooms will have a door between.

In the sketch, yellow are doors now, red is future doors and wall. The peach are closets.

The new room will get a closet too, but I am not sure exactly how room will be built.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236348.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 12:29 PM

Congrats. for getting it done on time and it's wonderful !! Good Luck !!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:32 PM

WOW! Your grandchildren are so beautiful!
These pics are the ones that I used to make a tenth annivesary quilt for my daughter and SIL.

My avatar is a quilt waiting to happen - it was a photo on a Christmas card a couple years ago. You can see it better looking at my blog - the pic is big there.

Decade of Love
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236363[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236357.jpe  
Old 08-05-2011, 01:53 PM

Here is a sketch. The two girls rooms will have a door between.

In the sketch, yellow are doors now, red is future doors and wall. The peach are closets.

The new room will get a closet too, but I am not sure exactly how room will be built.
Oh, I SEE it now! This is going to be great for all of them! Thanks for taking the time to give a graphic visual!
Old 08-05-2011, 01:54 PM

WOW! Your grandchildren are so beautiful!
These pics are the ones that I used to make a tenth annivesary quilt for my daughter and SIL.

My avatar is a quilt waiting to happen - it was a photo on a Christmas card a couple years ago. You can see it better looking at my blog - the pic is big there.
That is a very nice quilt! Mom and Dad will treasure it forever, and it's neat you are going to make individual ones for the kids!

I'll see if I can look closer at your avatar.

I opened your blog address but could not see any pictures.