Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I beat the deadline!  My quilt is in the contest! >

I beat the deadline! My quilt is in the contest!

I beat the deadline! My quilt is in the contest!

Old 08-02-2011, 08:29 PM
Power Poster

Looks great, that was really cutting it close. Glad you got done in time after all that.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 PM

Glad you were able to finish, and good luck in the contest.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Power Poster

WOW! That looks awesome!
Looks like a winner!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:05 AM

Impressive. Good Luck
Old 08-03-2011, 02:54 PM

Very nice and good luck!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by grammatjr
Originally Posted by CAS49OR
It really turned out well! You sure worked your butt off all weekend to get it done. WTG! Do you have a picture of her that you used for inspiration?
Yes, here it is. Notice it is backwards (I decided I liked the back side of the quilt better than the front).

My daughter doesn't like pics of herself, but she liked the hair! LOL

Oh, she did like the quilt - just not the subject. She said she thought the kids would like a portait of them.

So, now I have another "to-do"!
Wow! fantastic! I'm so proud of you for getting this done. I think it was worth the hours you put in. btw no one really likes pics of themself do they?

Are you going to do one of the kids?
Old 08-04-2011, 07:02 AM

Wow! fantastic! I'm so proud of you for getting this done. I think it was worth the hours you put in. btw no one really likes pics of themself do they?

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I think I will do one of each kid.

This fall my daughter plans to secretly add another bedroom to their house. Some things have already been started, but the kids don't know what it is for, and are used to their parents re-doing things, so haven't thought too much about them tearing out part of a wall, or building up supplies. They will ship the kids off for a week to a friend, and we will get busy painting and re-carpeting the 2 old kids rooms, and putting in a wall, and doors to the new 3rd room (& painting and carpeting). Currently all 4 girls share a room, after the remodel only 2 kids per room. No one will be in the same room after the remodel that they are currently in.

I thought I could make one quilt of each kid, with their name, and we can hang it in their room, so they know which room is theirs. Maybe it could hang on their doors.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by grammatjr

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. I think I will do one of each kid.

This fall my daughter plans to secretly add another bedroom to their house. Some things have already been started, but the kids don't know what it is for, and are used to their parents re-doing things, so haven't thought too much about them tearing out part of a wall, or building up supplies. They will ship the kids off for a week to a friend, and we will get busy painting and re-carpeting the 2 old kids rooms, and putting in a wall, and doors to the new 3rd room (& painting and carpeting). Currently all 4 girls share a room, after the remodel only 2 kids per room. No one will be in the same room after the remodel that they are currently in.

I thought I could make one quilt of each kid, with their name, and we can hang it in their room, so they know which room is theirs. Maybe it could hang on their doors.
They will be so happy to have more space, and less shared space! I think it's a great idea for them to be done individually. You are a wonderful Grandma! Can you share the pics of the kids that you might do? That keepsake can go with them when they grow up! (They won't have to live together forever that way, lol.) How old are they now?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 AM

They will be so happy to have more space, and less shared space! I think it's a great idea for them to be done individually. You are a wonderful Grandma! Can you share the pics of the kids that you might do? That keepsake can go with them when they grow up! (They won't have to live together forever that way, lol.) How old are they now?
I need to get a current photo to use, but plan to have photos similar to the ones below, which are 3 years old. But, I want a good close up. I have already told my daughter (professional photographer) that I want new pics for this project.

Currently the oldest boy is 12, the youngest boy is 5. They will be in one room. The oldest girls are 11 & 10, they will share a room. The youngest girls are 6 1/2 & 8 1/2, they will be in the new room.

Wow, sorry these are so large!

Jaysen
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236283[/ATTACH]

Damon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236284[/ATTACH]

Avianna
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236285[/ATTACH]

Isabel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236286[/ATTACH]

Lilian
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236287[/ATTACH]

Emelia
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236288[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-236277.jpe   attachment-236278.jpe   attachment-236279.jpe   attachment-236280.jpe   attachment-236281.jpe  

attachment-236282.jpe  
Old 08-04-2011, 09:47 AM

Wow, that is stunning. Good luck!