Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I did it! >

I did it!

I did it!

Old 02-23-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by vickimc
congrads. Now check out Quilers of SC at http://www.quiltersofsc.org I am a member and it a great resource. Plus we have a retreat every fall.
the lady who runs it was actually there Monday night and talking about it. I may look into it once taxes come back. Might as well jump in with both feet right? :-D
Old 02-23-2011, 05:28 PM

so smart GREAT JOB
Old 02-23-2011, 06:14 PM

I have also been bitten by the english PP bug. Check out Cindy McCoy's sitefor some free patterns and tons of instruction.

http://www.cddesigns.com/PaperPiecing/index.html

I also wish folks who complain about not being welcome into a new guild would read your post, sounds like you have some new friends.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:29 PM

Pretty work, pretty colors!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty, great job.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:39 PM

This is what I'm working on now. Have 14 blocks and made a "basket" pot for the flower to sit in. The blocks are point up. Will alternate with print blocks and strip frame the blocks. Have fun with it!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM

This is what I'm working on now. Have 14 blocks and made a "basket" pot for the flower to sit in. The blocks are point up. Having trouble with colors - seven sets of flowers , all different colors. Have tried three different from light to dark and not too happy but it will come to me soon I hope.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:53 PM

use short straight pin through hole to keep fabric in place while hand-sewing.

I don't understand what this is about, can someone please explain.
On the back of each fabric hexagon shape is a piece of hexagon shaped paper with a single hole punched in the middle. The sides of the fabric are wrapped around the paper to make a hexagon that is then whip stitched to another hexagon. Some people using a basting stitch to secure the fabric to the paper and others use a pin that dips into the hole and out though the paper and fabric to secure it in place. I am a fan of the basting stitch myself. :-D
Old 02-23-2011, 06:55 PM

Trust me they are very addictive. I have adapted mine to
QAYG so I am always with a needle in hand!
Oooo! How does that work?
Old 02-23-2011, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I went to a guild meeting last night. It was a hectic afternoon and I forgot to bring needles and stuff with me like they said in the email. It was ok though. They were more than willing to share and look what we made last night! These could get addictive I'm afraid......I've already found me a clear plastic container to set up a kit to take with me. And my application and dues are in the mail. I planned on joining last night but wouldn't you know it the atm was down and I didn't have time to go to another one before the meeting and of course I didn't have the checkbook. There were a LOT of people there last night. They said they made 97 of the little kits they gave out for the hexagon and they used all of them. There are usually about 80 at the meetings they said. I've tossed the idea about joining around for a year now and hopefully this will be something I enjoy.
Something to think about...I envision a row of these little forget me not blue posies with bias binding stems and maybe leaves, marching across a table runner or wall hanging?