Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I Finally Got to Work in the Studio!!!!! >

I Finally Got to Work in the Studio!!!!!

I Finally Got to Work in the Studio!!!!!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
That is absolutely beautiful. It is bright and I like the colors. I can't wait to see the one for your Grand Niece.
Think you're getting old? I have been a Great Gramma for over two years, now that's old. Glad to be old though, beats the alternative.
Actually I am not that old just in my early 40's but my wife has 13 years on me though and the quilts are going to her side of the family.

Lets just say my wife was a "Cougar" long before it was vogue, I was 19 and she was fixing to turn 32 when we got married. :mrgreen:

Billy
Old 01-30-2010, 12:10 PM

Love looking at your quilts, knowing they were done on a treadle. Learned to sew on a treadle; wished I had one yesterday when they were predicting loss of electricity and loads of ice on trees. Did not materialize; guess we're too close to Al border. So today, back to the 9 patches.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:48 PM

cute.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by charvan
Love looking at your quilts, knowing they were done on a treadle. Learned to sew on a treadle; wished I had one yesterday when they were predicting loss of electricity and loads of ice on trees. Did not materialize; guess we're too close to Al border. So today, back to the 9 patches.
I have one quilt that I am working on off and on that is being done completely on an electric machine. It is the one for out bedroom that is king sized and I am doing it on my 1963 Kenmore. That is the only electric machine I own and I will be honest with you it is really awkward for me to use it. I keep wanting to grab the hand wheel to start and to stop using it. :?

Billy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-66033.jpe  
Old 01-30-2010, 04:22 PM

I had a hard time breaking the hand wheel habit. But I love my new machines; just long for a treadle once in a while. This quilt is beautiful; love the color combination and the pattern. King size=lots of work! Have fun.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:27 PM

Billy, so glad you are able to get back into your studio. Sorry to hear about your back pain...
Sometimes, meds are good for the creativity :D
Nice work... oh and I didn't see any miss/matched points :D
Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Banned

I had a hard time breaking the hand wheel habit. But I love my new machines;
This will be the only project I do on this machine other than mending and putting buttons back on.

As far as I am concerned treadles are the only way to go! :lol:

Billy
Old 01-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Jingleberry
That is absolutely beautiful. It is bright and I like the colors. I can't wait to see the one for your Grand Niece.
Think you're getting old? I have been a Great Gramma for over two years, now that's old. Glad to be old though, beats the alternative.
Actually I am not that old just in my early 40's but my wife has 13 years on me though and the quilts are going to her side of the family.

Lets just say my wife was a "Cougar" long before it was vogue, I was 19 and she was fixing to turn 32 when we got married. :mrgreen:

Billy
That is so funny Billy my son Nathan was 19 when he married his wife who was 32 with 3 kids. So I became an instant Grandma at 40 and now his oldest (stepadopted) has married a girl with 2 little ones. Nathan's daughter(step adopted) has just had her first baby 2mos ago so we are now great grandparents at 54 and 60(DH) LOL I Love it!! Nathan and his wife have been married for 12 yrs now. And Nathan became a grandpa at the age of 32! He loves kids and is a hands on dad and grandpa.

DIL was concerned that we wouldn't approve. But my DH has 3 brothers who married women older and two of them were 20 yrs older. It runs in the family!! LOL I just said as long as she is good for you I don't care what the age is.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rhonda
That is so funny Billy my son Nathan was 19 when he married his wife who was 32 with 3 kids.
LOL sounds like we have something in common here.

My wife was divorced but no kids and was working for my attorney as a paralegal in his office. I was having him draw up the papers for the land we ended up building our first home on and everytime I would call or come in she would be the one helping me. I flirted with her and kept pestering her until she finally agreed to go out with me.

She was the most beautiful woman that I had ever laid eyes upon and to this day I still feel the same. And after she got a hold of me I was not going to let her go, Daddy didn't raise no fool!!! :mrgreen: :lol:

We have been married for 25 going on 26 years, have two wonderful kids and are just as much in love as we were the day we said "I do".

My kids and their friends always laugh at us about how we act (sometimes I think we are worse than they are) and we are always having fun and joking around with each other. During our entire marriage we have never argued nor raised our voices to each other. They are always saying we are going to be the cute old couple that holds hands while walking in the park. And you know what, they are right.

Billy
Old 01-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like you definately met your soul mate! Nathan had to grow up fast when he met Jill. He had been staying with friends and had never had his own place so he had never taken responsibility for anyone but himself. He had to learn to consider the kids' needs but it didn't take long. I was very proud of him for becoming an instant dad and he has always been a hands on dad. But he would put the kids in timeout on their beds and then forget them! THey would be asleep when he went back to let them up. Ooops!

They have a good marriage with bumps along the way but they have a large family now. Jill's dad collects old cars and works on them. She is an afficianado of old cars too.But she and Nathan are into motorcycles more now. My DH used to be in a motorcycle gang when he was a teenager. He is disabled now but we have spent a lot of time looking in the cycle shops over the years!!

I am a mechanics daughter and a mechanic's wife. Glen can no longer work on cars due to his health but he still dreams of building a hot rod.