Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I hope she will help a child with cancer >

I hope she will help a child with cancer

I hope she will help a child with cancer

Old 09-10-2011, 04:43 PM

They are so cute.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:45 PM

Thanks again to all of you for your warm caring responses. It helps to have that support from all of you out there. I am fixing to post the last 9 dolls of the total 67 I have finished. I will deliver them to the lady who is in charge of the local american cancer society, after church tomorrow. I have also sent the doll number 67 just finished to make the 67 total. One on the top left and the top was made and face painted by a 93 year old. There is a doll in a pink plaid dress that lady did most of to help out the kids. I hope you like them all. Thanks again. I am takin a month break, baring the need to make another during that break.

Vickey Stamps

doll dress with apron for doll 67
[ATTACH=CONFIG]254641[/ATTACH]

inside of doll67....nightgown part
[ATTACH=CONFIG]254646[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-254634.jpe   attachment-254635.jpe   attachment-254640.jpe  
Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Hun if there is anything I can with please let me no.I love
making dolls.
Hugs,
Deb
Old 09-11-2011, 10:51 PM

I am sitting here in tears reading what you wrote and looking at you holding your doll. I can literally see your heart in your work, and face. May God richly bless you and your work for those kids!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by dcolantonio1
Hun if there is anything I can with please let me no.I love
making dolls.
Hugs,
Deb
Thanks Deb. Let me know when you are feeling better and I will send you the patterns for the doll body (girl/and-or/boy) and the clothing for the girl. I started buying hooded jackets and shirt, size 12 months for the boys and cutting down size 2 year pants for their bottoms, instead of trying to sew for the. I put sock caps on their heads. Big hugs

your friend,
Vickey
here is something I wrote about the dolls belowDOLLS IN THE ATTIC
© Vickey Stamps 7/19/11
There, in the attic of the mind, sat fabrics of skin colors, all waiting to become dolls, all waiting to be allowed into the life known by humans. They knew they had been stored there for a very real and special purpose. Around them in the attic of the mind, and because of a light from a window, they were able to watch it shine upon bolts of colored fabrics and those of white. Beside the fabric, sat lacy trims and rolls of ribbons in bright colors. Now the dolls of a nature either male or female, joined hands in numbers of twos and threes, jumped up and forward, almost dancing to the fabric.
“I’d like a pair of blue jeans” spoke one of the boy dolls, “and perhaps a checkered skirt. That will make me quite handsome. We already know that those who have gone before us are of two faces. One will wear a smile and the other a look of sleepiness.” The girls ignored the boys each of them gathering around the pinks and blues, the yellows, light greens and darks with lighter pretty patterns upon their surface. In their unborn doll minds, they let their hands wander through the laces and tried the ribbons about their waistlines. “I’ll have an apron of this” spoke one as she put a bit of soft pink and white polka-dot material beside her cheek. Surely that will bring me a hug from the child I will go to live with.”
“Look” called out one of the boys who’d been wandering about among the sweat suit fabrics, jumping from one color to another. “I’ll take this nice gray one. Perhaps there will be an appliqué of some sort to put upon the front of it that my child will like!” From another pile came yet another voice of a potential boy doll. “I’m a country critter” he announced for all who would listen” I’ll take that bit of plaid flannel and some of that other stuff that looks like denim. I will wear overalls with a nice bib, and have pockets upon it and on my legs Maybe I’ll go to a child who has a toy tractor, and can sit upon it once in awhile.” The potential doll flopped down beside the blue jean fabric to think about it.
And so the conversations went on, as they stood around the fabric. All of a sudden, they heard footsteps nearly to the door, and quickly scampered back to where they had been before, making it a point to leave the fabric as it had been. Now the doll maker opened the door, stepping inside the attic.
“Funny” thought the doll maker, but I had this sudden need to go through all this cloth in the attic of the mind. There are children out there in need of a doll to comfort them, children who are ill or suffering in their mind for various reasons... I will make a design and sew many dolls for them. I think I shall say a prayer over the material that it will find just the right arms to hold it close and love it, when it becomes a doll. Having said so, she asked for blessings for all that would become of the fabric, that each would find the right home and right child, to work the wonders needed for each one. She prayed that the dolls would be good listeners, when its owner needed that and a giver of at least imaginary warmth when that was needed. She ended with the usual Amen, leaving it all in the Lords control, that all would go well. The Lord had already made her aware that….
LIFE WAS GOOD
Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by PhotoKevin
I am sitting here in tears reading what you wrote and looking at you holding your doll. I can literally see your heart in your work, and face. May God richly bless you and your work for those kids!
Thanks. I have my share of health issues, but remain better off than many others, so hope to continue the dolls till I draw my last breath. Thanks for your kindness in the reply. HUGS and God bless you and yours.

Vickey Stamps
Old 09-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by PhotoKevin
Thanks. I have my share of health issues, but remain better off than many others, so hope to continue the dolls till I draw my last breath. Thanks for your kindness in the reply. HUGS and God bless you and yours.

Vickey Stamps
Old 09-13-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by theifner
Can I have your pattern. I am a cancer survivor and would love to do this for a little girl.
just checking back to see if I remembered to send you my pattern. Let me know if that was not the case. I get busy and get forgetful sometimes.

thanks

Vickey Stamps
Old 09-13-2011, 07:35 PM

Please PM me with your address. I have plenty of goodies for you to use and would love to send them to you. Great work you are doing.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:38 PM

Vickey, the dolls are absolutely lovely with their cheerful faces and dresses. And what makes them so very special is you, because you put so much thought and love into the making of each one. Each child that receives one is getting a real treasure that will surely bring them much comfort and joy. May God bless you abundantly!!